15 Fun and Easy Booster Club Fundraisers Ideas That Work
Booster clubs are similar to a PTA. Both are parent groups that are volunteer-based. However, booster clubs focus on supporting particular areas such as sports, theater, music, and other school programs. When a school doesn’t cover specific equipment or programs, booster clubs offer financial assistance.
These groups must raise money since booster clubs do everything from fundraising event planning to support classroom needs. If you’re a booster club member, we’ve gathered unique booster club fundraiser ideas for your group to continue doing great work for the school and students in your community.
What makes a successful booster club?
Launching a successful fundraiser is the first step toward a successful booster club. Both organizing booster club fundraisers and volunteering time have a direct impact on the achievements of an activity or program. Besides providing financial help, booster clubs offer emotional support for a team or program. When booster clubs accomplish these various functions, they are a valuable resource for a school, program, or activity.
How do booster clubs raise money?
Through fundraising, booster clubs can raise money for the programs and activities they support. Booster clubs can raise funds in several ways, ranging from community fundraisers, fundraiser sales, and sponsorship fundraising ideas. Check out our other school fundraising ideas for even more inspiration.
Booster clubs can secure local sponsors for fundraisers by researching businesses that align with their mission, offering various sponsorship levels with attractive perks, and fostering long-term relationships through open communication and gratitude.
Sports fundraiser ideas for booster clubs
If you’re a part of an athletic booster club, sports fundraising can be a great way to raise money. Try one of these sports fundraising ideas to raise funds for things your sports team may need such as sport equipment costs and new uniforms.
- A fun-run (5K or 10K). Ask participants to lace up for a 5K event to boost funds for the school and give a suggested donation. Coordinate a scenic route through nearby neighborhoods, organize pre-race activities, and get sponsorships from local restaurants and businesses for food, music, t-shirts, and drinks.
- Team sports tournaments. Organize mini knock-out tournaments for soccer, basketball, and other sporting events. Use the school’s facilities and bring snacks and drinks for spectators. Ask for a suggested donation toward a specific cause from both participants and spectators to attend the event.
- Golf tournament. This is fun especially if the school has access to a local course as you can often ask for reduced prices during the week. Secure the golf course, plan pre- and post-event festivities, secure sponsorships for the event, promote the event on social media, and have participants donate toward your fundraiser.
- Crowdfund for your team. By crowdfunding on GoFundMe, you can easily share your fundraiser on social media with your friends and family to increase reach and maximize donations. Be clear about where the funds are going and tell more about your story to encourage others to connect and donate.
Community event fundraiser ideas for booster clubs
Looking for high school booster club fundraising ideas? Bring the whole community together for an event that will not only be fun but will raise funds, too. The following ideas are quick and easy for a booster club to set up and run:
- Bingo tournament. Everyone can get involved—let guests know that they can give a suggested donation at the door, distribute the bingo cards, and parents or the local community can provide prizes.
- Car wash. Students in the booster club can wash the community’s cars for a small fee. Get the materials donated and set up in the school parking lot. Spread the word about where the money is needed and how the community can help.
- Gift wrap fundraiser. During the holiday season, booster club members can offer to wrap presents at the school and promote around the community. A suggested donation to support the booster club. Grab the wrapping paper and bows in bulk to save some money.
- Drive-in movie night. Pick a movie, provide snacks, and ask all moviegoers for a suggested donation when they arrive. To get everyone excited for it, do polls on social media about what movie you should pick and announce the winner.
Fundraiser sales for booster clubs
Selling a product is an effective way to receive financial support. All of the money that is made from fundraiser sales can go toward a booster club’s team or program. Consider these creative fundraising ideas for your booster club:
- Bake sale. Invite parents and students to bake cookie dough together and sell their creations during a sports game at the school, in the morning at the cafeteria, or on the weekend to boost school spirit. Use a spreadsheet for sign ups so there are no duplicates.
- Yard sale. Encourage everyone to clear out their junk for a good cause and have them bring it to the school. Share the yard sale with the community so you get tons of support. The total tally can go toward any cause your booster club wants.
- Art sale. Get a few local artists to donate a painting or two and do a silent auction night at the school. Invite everyone to participate and any proceeds from the art sale can go toward school supplies or other booster club needs.
- Book sale. Collect books that are no longer needed and sell them during football games or in near businesses. Partner up with the Girl Scouts for a cookie and book two-fer.
Other fundraiser ideas for booster clubs
Whether you’re looking for band booster fundraising ideas or ways to raise money for your academic booster club, these unique fundraising ideas are simple and fast for any booster club to do:
- Wear your pajamas to school. Every student that wants to wear their pajamas to school for a day needs to give a donation to the booster club. Announce it a few weeks before the official day so you have time to record names and receive donations.
- Scavenger hunt. Print a short scavenger hunt (think 5-6 stops) at the school and promote it in social media with fun clues. Ask for suggested donations from individuals and teams, and have those from the local community donate prizes for the first three winners.
- Dance marathon. Did someone say “dance-a-thon”? Host a dance marathon and see which members of the community can dance and stay on their feet for the longest. Make people donations based on how many hours they think they will last.
Crowdfunding for booster clubs
Crowdfunding is a popular substitute for grants and scholarships to secure classroom or sports team funding easily. It empowers teachers and booster clubs to invest in their students’ education and activities according to their preferences. Determine the budget to plan a successful fundraiser before you start. GoFundMe offers dedicated customer support and the security of the GoFundMe Guarantee, with funds accessible within 2-5 business days in most cases.
Raise money for your booster club today
The members of booster clubs dedicate a lot of time and effort to make sure a school and its programs can do their best work. Through online fundraising, booster clubs can raise the funds they need to support their specific teams or programs. After you’ve picked one of the booster club fundraisers ideas, take a look at these GoFundMe success stories to inspire you to start a fundraiser of your own today.