GoFundMe Community Stories
Help others by sharing your story
If you’ve ever fundraised online before, you know that the fundraising journey is filled with ups and downs, and it’s not always easy to ask for help. So what if you could help someone else by sharing your own fundraising story?
That’s what our GoFundMe Community Stories movement is all about. We’re asking past GoFundMe organizers like you to share their fundraising stories, struggles, and successes with others in a short video. By offering some words of advice and encouragement, you could help someone find the courage they need to take the next step in their fundraising journey.
This year has been challenging in many ways, and people need support now more than ever. Join us in lifting each other up.
How it works
Record a short video about your fundraising experience
Post to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with #MyGoFundMeStory
Share your video for a chance to be featured
Ready to get involved?
To participate, simply record a 60-second video sharing your experience with the fundraising journey. Be sure to answer these questions:
- What is your name, and where are you from?
- Why did you decide to start a fundraiser on GoFundMe?
- Were you nervous about sharing your fundraiser? How did you find the courage to ask for help?
- If you could give one piece of advice or encouragement to someone who’s thinking about starting a fundraiser, what would it be?
Once you’ve recorded your video, post it on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the hashtag #MyGoFundMeStory, and be sure to tag @gofundme.
Your video might be featured on our social media pages, and even on the GoFundMe website!
Tips for making your GoFundMe story video
To help you record the best quality video, here are some helpful tips:
- Record a video of yourself that’s 60-seconds or less.
- Record your video in a quiet room or a quiet outdoor space.
- Make sure that your face is well-lit by facing the sunlight or a lamp.