Easy Summer Fundraisers: 15 Outdoor Ideas to Raise Money
Great weather. Outdoor activities. Endless time for students. These three things combine to create ideal conditions for easy summer fundraisers. Whether the school drama club needs to raise money for a competitive tour or the community sports grounds need an upgrade, get outside and start raising money with these fun summer fundraiser ideas.
How summer fundraising helps
Social fundraising is one of the best ways to get a community to rally around a common cause that requires financial contributions and what better time to do this than in the summer. It is also a fantastic way to build social participation and overall involvement. This is because fundraising creates emotional connections and enhances camaraderie within a group of people.
Fundraising encourages one to meet new people and, as a result, increases the reach and network of supporters of a particular event or cause. This, in turn, elevates the fundraiser and its chances of success. There are plenty of ways to fundraise without social media so get creative with it.
Using GoFundMe for your summer fundraiser
Consider taking your summer fundraiser to the next level by setting up a donation page on GoFundMe. This way, your fundraiser supporters near and far can make an online donation to your cause at any time. You can also fundraise with a group of friends or family members with GoFundMe team fundraising. This allows every team member to share responsibilities, track fundraising progress, and inspire your team to raise more money. Wondering how to start your GoFundMe? Check out how it works in the video below and learn how to ask for donations to reach your fundraising goals.
Summer fundraiser ideas
In our new normal, summer fundraisers are an ideal way to fundraise because they are fun and mainly outdoors. As a result, they already have social distancing incorporated into them. That makes implementing one of our outdoor fundraising ideas safe and fun.
- Barbecue cook-off: This idea does not need much in terms of resources. Use donated equipment in a yard, parking lot, or field. Then, ask for food donations from local grocery stores. The only requirement for participants is that they come hungry. Be sure to sell meal tickets to raise money and make the most of this summer fundraiser idea.
- Walk-a-thons: These are perfect for sports-related fundraisers but can be used for any organization. Make sure to have a backup indoor location just in case the weather does not cooperate. You can sell snacks and water to raise donations.
- Water balloon fight: Nothing says summer fundraising like a water balloon fundraiser. This can be a stand-alone activity or part of a bigger field day for maximum effect. Charge a small fee per balloon and for refreshments during this activity to bring in more money for your cause.
- Bike riding competition: This fundraiser is best organized with rented or donated equipment that is paid for per use. Sell refreshments and snacks to increase donations.
- Local county fairs: This involves collaborating with local fair officials to either organize one part of an already fair or host the entire event with their input. Entrance ticket sales, ride tickets, and smaller competitions are the key fundraising activities for this idea to bring in donations.
- Outdoor classes: Outdoor yoga classes, boot camps, and pilates in conjunction with local gym instructors are ideal summer donation ideas.
- Outdoor movies and concerts: These are easy to plan and execute. Like most other summer fundraisers, these rely on a combination of donated equipment or entertainment acts, ticket, and refreshment sales.
- Bake-off bake sale: This combines the best aspects of competition and baked goods. Tickets can be sold for participation and, of course, the sale of baked goods.
- A beach day: This is best paired with surfing and volleyball competitions which will give people a variety of activities to participate in over the course of the day. Consider charging a participation fee that will go towards your cause.
- A car wash: This is a popular summer fundraiser idea because of its simplicity. Partner with a local church, school, or other social organization that can let you use their location for the day. To raise money, charge a small fee for each car that gets washed.
- Obstacle course: This fundraising idea is like a field day but is slightly more physically challenging. Funds can be raised from ticket sales and refreshment sales like most summer fundraisers.
- Community picnic: This is a good way to bring the community closer and all it involves is some blankets and open space. Tickets can be charged for entrance into the event or food sold per plate.
Camp fundraiser ideas
Summer would not be complete without a camp or three which makes them excellent spaces to incorporate summer fundraisers. Some top summer camp fundraising ideas include:
- Bonfire night fundraisers: These are not only fun but also a good way to make all those s’mores and clear, starry nights count even more. Fundraise by creating s’mores kits for sale.
- Kids’ camp: Like many good outdoor fundraising ideas, this one incorporates even more people into an activity-filled day with competitions, lemonade, and snack stands for raising money. This makes for a great camp fundraiser.
- Hiking camp: An adventurous half-day hike is a unique way to fundraise while making good use of the warm summer weather. Have participants pay a fee to join in on the fun.
Summer fundraising made easy
Easy summer fundraisers are not only fun to plan, but also fun to take part in. Crowdfunding with GoFundMe is a great way to ensure that your fundraiser is a success. For even more inspiration, check out our other easy fundraising ideas. Get started today to raise money for your cause.