If team members have the availability and energy, walks and races to fundraise for cancer awareness come in all shapes and sizes. Plus, they allow you to meet with your team in person to collectively come together to spread awareness and raise money for cancer research. Susan G. Komen and the American Cancer Society both have online resources that make it simple to find an event near you.
If you’re participating in a race, walk, or bike against cancer, there are several things you can do to bring in donations before the race.
- Share your online fundraiser with your social network so that they know you’re prepping for your race.
- Ask friends and family to make a donation to support your cause.
- Share updates on how your training is progressing so that supporters stay involved and invested in your race.
Tips for during the race
Teammates who aren’t able to participate in the race can still help raise money at the start or finish line. Here are a few different ways they can get involved:
- Take and share photos of the event as it progresses to keep donors involved and updated.
- Add the name of your fundraiser, team name, and hashtag to the photos they share.
- Wear a team shirt with the URL to your fundraiser printed on the back, encouraging people to make donations.