As a supplement to the other information provided in the Privacy Notice , we provide this California Consumer Privacy Act Notice (“California Notice”) for consumers in California pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act and collectively referred to as, “CCPA”), which provides California residents with additional rights. In the event of a conflict between any other policy, statement, or notice and this California Notice, this California Notice will prevail as to California consumers and their rights under the CCPA.
Unless otherwise noted, the disclosures below also describe how we collected and used your personal information in the past twelve (12) months. As used in this California Notice, the term “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated. For California residents, please note the personal information we collect, and the purposes for collecting such information, which we collect directly from you or automatically when you visit our Platform:
A. Collection of Personal Information:
Consistent with the “Information We Collect” section in the Privacy Notice, we collect the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
- Identifiers: Identifiers: namely a real name, alias, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, and health information;
- Commercial Information: credit card/debit card details, bank account, or other financial information, records of services obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Biometric Information: facial recognition, government-issued identification;
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity: browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement; and
- Inferences: such as information about your preferences and household characteristics.
We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information about California consumers:
- Personal information that reveals a consumer’s driver’s license, state identification card, passport number, or any other government-issued ID, and
- Biometric Information
We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes to which the right to limit use or disclosure applies under the CCPA. We use your personal information for the purposes described in the “Our Use of Information Collected” section in the Privacy Notice, such as to provide our Services and communicate with you.
B. Sources of Personal Information:
We may collect personal information directly from you when you provide us information in person, online, or through electronic forms; through our customer care efforts; automatically through our Services via cookies and other tracking technologies; and from our service providers, vendors and suppliers, our affiliates, or other individuals and businesses.
C. Personal Information Disclosed, Sold, or Shared.
- Disclosure of Personal Information for Business Purposes: We disclose the following categories of personal information for business purposes: Identifiers, Commercial Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity, and Geolocation Data. The categories of persons to which we may disclose these categories of personal information include affiliated companies, service providers, professional advisors, external auditors, and other parties disclosed in the “Our Disclosure of Information Collected Through the Services” section in the Privacy Notice.We disclose the above categories of personal information for the following purposes: (1) to perform services (including processing, maintaining, and collecting personal information) on our behalf, (2) to provide advertising and marketing services (except for cross-context behavioral advertising), (3) providing short-term, transient use, including but not limited to, non-personalized advertising, (4) transmitting communications and mailing information, (5) providing data storage, (6) providing security and fraud prevention,(7) providing payment processing, legal services, and other professional services, (8) maintaining our databases, (9) any other purposes as necessary to provide our Services and communicate with you, and (10) for the internal use by the service provider.
- Donation information;
- Device, internet or other electronic network activity information; and
- Location information.
D. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep the categories of Personal Information described above for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this California Notice or as otherwise authorized or permitted by law. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- The Personal Information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the information;
- The Personal Information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected;
- The Personal Information is reasonably required to protect or defend our rights or property; or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your information by applicable laws or regulations.
Where information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. For more information about our retention policies, please contact us as follows:
c/o Legal Department
PO Box 121270
815 E Street
San Diego, CA 92101
E. Your California Privacy Rights
California consumers have rights to request access to certain personal information, correction of inaccuracies in personal information, and deletion of their personal information, subject to certain exceptions. We will not discriminate against you because you chose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
You also have the right to opt-out of GoFundMe selling or sharing your information as defined under the CCPA. To opt out of the “sale” or “sharing” of personal information through tracking technologies, please click here or click the Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information link at the bottom of your page. If you choose to use the Global Privacy Control (GPC) browser signal you will be opted out of online, cookie-based sales or sharing of Personal Information, and will need to activate the signal for each browser you use. If you are a California consumer and wish to opt-out of the offline sale of your Personal Information, you may exercise this right, by clicking the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link.
If we have actual knowledge that you are under the age of 16, we will not sell your personal information without proper consent.
You can make requests as follows:
If you are using the GoFundMe Platform, please (1) visit the web form; or (2) by emailing us at email@example.com.
In order to protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity prior to responding to your request, by asking for information such as your name, email, and/or information already maintained by GoFundMe about you or additional proof where necessary. If you are making this request on behalf of someone else, we may request the authorized agent provide us with a copy of a valid power of attorney or evidence of the written authorization.
If you are making this request on behalf of someone else, we may request the authorized agent provide us with a copy of a valid power of attorney or evidence of the written authorization.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this California Notice or the information practices of the Services. You can contact us as follows:
c/o Legal Department
PO Box 121270
815 E Street
San Diego, CA 92101
If you need assistance accessing this California Notice in an alternative format, you can do so by contacting us as stated above.