Skip to content
    Well....my doctor confirmed today that it's not just 2 more brain tumors....its 4.... I am heartbroken. That's the best way I can describe how I am feeling. Just mentally and emotionally heartbroken. She said they typically like to watch and wait on the 2 smaller ones but I am concerned that with how aggressively its spreading, waiting is going to allow it time to spread even more. No one has told me whether the brachytherapy radiation to my lungs is working or not either. I'm waiting to hear back if she will agree to treat all 4 tumors, plus the craniotomy site, and the spine. I'm tired. My body hurts. Im really trying to stay positive. I have little eyes on me at all times. But cancer fucking sucks.
    Thank you all for your generosity in helping our family in this season. It has been a tough one. Unfortunately, my scans came back showing not only a second nodule in my brain but also another decent sized one next to my spine in the lumbar region, which is pressing on my spinal cord and causing significant pain. I also have a nodule in my abdomen along with the numerous in my lungs that I had brachytherapy for back in July. Essentially my body is becoming riddled with the cancer. My radiation oncologist is reviewing my scans and planning my treatment schedule. They will start with my brain and then hit the spine when the brain is done. No plans for the abdomen. In speaking with my medical oncologist, after radiation is complete my only option is systemic (chemo) which only has about a 10% chance of effectively slowing or stopping the spread and for about only a year. The side effects of which are - in his words - pretty brutal. 10% is not promising and my quality of life would greatly diminished. I cant do that to my kids. I cant have them watch their mother suffer through a treatment that ultimately wont work and that will leave me permanently disabled even more than I already am. My only other non-local option would be to travel to MD Anderson in Houston, TX in hopes of participating in another clinical trial if I am eligible. Unfortunately, there are no trials that are showing promising results other than the one I already took part in in Seattle in which it was unsuccessful on me. My tumors continued to grow and damage was done to my kidneys and liver. All of this is to say that I am just about at the end of my rope with options. Spot treating certain nodules and/or surgical resection is really all there is, but its in numerous places and there is no stopping it. Its just a matter of how long they can give me. Your donations have been extremely helpful and have played a role in giving me the last 2 years with my children and Josh. I know miracles happen, but I also am a realistic person. Because of the rapid and aggressive spread, my prognosis is not favorable. My oncologist said to see how radiation goes and we will cross that bridge afterwards. Cancer sucks. Its going to take my children's mother away. Its going to make my husband a widower. And im struggling to process that grief. Thank God for therapists. And thank you all for your support and prayers. Love you all
    Some difficult news to share: Kendra underwent an open total hysterectomy at the end of August as her uterus was in the process of rupturing along with a 10 pound tumor on her ovary (pictured). Unfortunately, she began having hip/back pain two weeks later along with short term memory loss. She ended up back in the ER in hopes for some pain relief, however the doctor was more concerned with her loss of memory. She would pause mid sentence and completely redirect to something unrelated. I (Josh) had to fill in the gaps. Her neurosurgeon wanted her to get an MRI immediately. The MRI showed 2 tumors, one 2cm that was deep in her frontal lobe and pushing on her central brain causing hemorrhage and memory loss. She remained in hospital in the ICU after having emergency surgery to remove the tumor and remove the hemorrhage. She is now home and mostly on bed rest. Her neurosurgeon, Dr. Schmidt, has prepared us for Kendra to be physically tired for "the next year or so" as a craniotomy does a number on the body. She has a horse shoe of staples around her head that must come out before she can go through radiation to her brain. She us anticipated to get those out next week at which time radiation oncology will plan and scan to have her go through the radiation battle again. We are running out of options. and financially the medical bills are stacking up. Unfortunately, the bank came and took our family vehicle while Kendra was in hospital and they do not have the compassion for us to get it back despite the circumstances. It has been 2.5 years of Kendra fighting this, and now she is down to her final options. We desperately need help. I'm asking all of you to please share, pray, donate, whatever you can to get the word out about Kendra and her fight. She has lost 70 pounds and is trying like hell to stay alive. She is a fighter. Please help her fight. All funds will go towards medical bills and keeping food on the table and lights on in the house. We are trying to make things seem as normal as possible for our children. Thank you