UOV Survivor Campaign Fund
No matter their amount of faith, dedication, spirit, or belief, there should never be tolerance or an advocacy for tolerance of abuse. Now is not the time to be paralyzed by policy. Now is the time to use your voice!
Use Our Voice is for survivors of High Control Organizations (HCO's) who have experienced childhood sexual abuse, LGBTQ discrimination, educational discrimination, spiritual abuse, etc.
It empowers them explore their talents, engage their self expressionism via the arts, politics, or public speaking, and propel them forward into a field of higher education so that they may be able to escape adversity and drive to succeed in their future.
The RAC released a staggering report that found over 1,000 unreported pedophiles among Jehovah Witnesses in Australia from 1970 – 2010. Around the world, there are millions more of these reports, and countless victims who have been silenced by Watchtower policy. I was one of them, until now.
Any funds donated towards this campaign will directly contribute towards our upcoming protest in PA. Anything beyond that will assist future projects including educational/entrepreneurial funding for survivors, accomplishing official charity status, more protests and rally's, gallery showings and events, the possibilities are endless.
To submit artwork or otherwise contact us please email:
For more information about UOV please visit:
For more information on Jehovah's Witnesses, or other High Control Organizations please visit:
For more protests as well as counseling services please visit:
My name is Chessa Manion.
I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, shunning, silencing, and spiritual abuse within the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. My family and I have been severely damaged by organizational policies that kept us silent for decades and heavily discouraged us from pressing charges and outing my rapist.
My abuser has alternatively been protected by these policies, and continues to be around the organization with full access to children due to those policies that protected him in 1994, and continue to protect him now as an adult. He is not on a sex offender registry due to the cover-up.
There has been little to no warning issued through the congregation, and no action was ever taken despite Steven Lett of the Governing Body knowing my family personally and supposedly praying over my case specifically.
I was recently featured in an article by David Gambacorta of the Philadelphia Inquirer that explains more of my situation in greater detail:
I am not only a survivor of sexual abuse, but also one of many who has struggled to thrive in adulthood due to educational discrimination inside the Organization. For my full story (and the projects I've successfully completed so far) please visit the link below:
I initially founded Using Our Voice in order to call for submissions on an upcoming book collaboration from survivors all over the world including artwork, poetry, songs, stories, etc.
UOV has not only sponsored me to travel to Pensylvannia and stand with State Representative Mark Rozzi, Watchtower Whistle Blowers Barbara Anderson and Martin Haugh, and other supporters to demand better legislation and the abolishing of PA's restrictive statute of limitations policies, but also in to spread awareness about silencing policies of HCO's.
UOV was also supportive to A&E's Romy Maple via donated funding to UOV's GoFundMe, which assisted her in getting to the Annual ICSA Conference in PA this past July 2018.
UOV was created to plan projects such as educational grants, art programs, a safe housing network nationwide, therapists highly trained in cult indoctrination, abuse, and recovery, peaceful protesting, public speaking, and more including and especially exposing silencing tactics of High Control Organizations such as Scientology, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, and anyone else protecting abusers or silencing and shunning victims of their communities.
My Future Goals For This Cause Include:
* More successful survivor spotlights like Romy's, and using these funds to empower survivors that have been silenced by HCO's or been victims of abuse to seek higher education, get back on their feet, and finding freedom through their unique talents and self expressionism.
* Founding a charity for survivors of HCO's in order to:
- Provide survivors with a nationwide networking of resources such as educational grants, public aid assistance, mentoring/empowerment services, crisis assistance,
(therapy, emergency housing, safe space, etc.)
- Nominate and fund survivors who are up and coming artists, musicians, public figures, reporters, educators, mentors, business owners, or otherwise who have learned to overcome their pasts and seek to grow into powerhouses who give back to their communities.
- Continue my YouTube Channel, create a website and publish a book, and/or promote survivor's experiences, music, stories, artwork, poetry, crafting, and more featuring members of the LGBTQ community, undocumented immigrants, people of color, survivors of domestic abuse/sexual abuse, etc showcasing what they experienced, how they endured, and how they are moving on to find their true selves, happiness, and fulfllment in their new lives.
Also growing my site/channel to feature unique interviews, reporting, talk segments, art spotlights, poetry reading, demonstrations, performances, and more in order to humanize an amazing group of talented minds, labeled as dangerous, dissenting, and apostate by their communities, who are full of vigor, love, art, and brilliance.
- Seeking justice in my own case, seeking higher education, and continuing my own journey to find happiness, success, and fulfillment in doing what I love: helping others.