Poultney Library Building Project
The estimate for this project is $498,000 of which we already have $100,000 which has been donated to the library over the past 40 years specifically for a library building project. This means that we already have over 20% of the money needed for our library expansion. On September 2 we received our first donation of the capital campaign, an anonymous donation of $10,000!
A sub-committee of the Board of Trustees, called the Capital Campaign Committee, has been formed to help raise funds for this project. They will be organizing a variety of fundraisers in the coming months to help us raise money for the project. We are also applying for several grants.
The $498,000 estimate includes several necessary repairs to the existing building, as well as a much needed addition. The repairs include, but are not limited to:
• Replacement of existing boiler and radiators.
• Replacement of existing windows in the 1971 addition.
• Additional electrical outlets and breakers to meet the demands of modern technology.
• Additional structural support for the sinking floor in the original 1910 building.
• Repair or replacement of damaged concrete block in the 1971 addition.
• Also, the new roof over the 1971 addition and the proposed expansion would stop the continual round of repairs and water damage that we currently experience.
The additional space would allow:
• More comfortable quiet spaces and gathering places for patrons of all ages.
• Separate areas for quiet reading and computer use.
• A programming room with meeting, event and performance space that can be used during or outside library hours.
• Increased programs, classes, workshops, and technology training.
• Better access to more than 15,000 books, periodicals, and movies with room to grow our collection.
• A new “Young Adult” area where teens can do homework, socialize, and read.
We hope that you will consider helping us reach our goal by donating to or volunteering for the capital campaign. For more information, "Like" us on Facebook or visit our website at poultneypubliclibrary.com.