Mid City Nutrition New Bldg Fund
· 63,925 meals in our facility
· distributed approximately 418,447 pounds of food through our kitchen and mobile food pantries
· shared 2,022 meals with other non-profit organizations
In our 30+ years of existence, we have operated out of the basement of St. Martin Lutheran Church. Though they have graciously hosted for all these years, we have outgrown the space available and are in the process of building a new facility.
A new facility will not only allow us to better serve our clients in the kitchen, it will also allow us to expand our mission to better serve our guests. We will expand from one to two fully functional kitchens. And:
· increase our storage
· add guest's service areas for referral
· create space for future partnerships with other organizations in our community
The teaching kitchen will play a vital role in our community, where we will offer cooking classes targeted at nutrition and healthy living. As a result of our services, our clients will:
· make healthy lifestyle choices
· cook more meals in their home
· discover new healthy food options
· learn to stretch their food dollar
· Get an improved understanding of food and nutrition
We are asking for help obtaining funds to construct our new building at 830 Griswold, Port Huron. Our Capital Campaign goal is $334,800, thanks to the generosity of many in-kind gifts. Can you help?