Hopewell Youth Baseball Lights
Hopewell Youth Baseball has provided a lifetime of memories to thousands of children in Western Pennsylvania since the early 1960s. Our organization's success is a direct result of the dedicated group of volunteers that have continued to promote youth baseball in the Hopewell area for over 50 years.
We are a nonprofit organization facing a tight annual budget that covers the operation of the league including field maintenance, uniforms, umpires, baseballs, renovations and repairs each year. To continue as a viable and competitive organization and to leave this organization better than we found it, we must start the process of raising funds to install field lighting at the Kane Road Baseball Complex.
Lighting our fields is so much more than just a game under lights. Lighting the fields increases field times for our teams both in terms of practice and game play. Additionally, lights can benefit our organization by
-Bonding the community
-Building community/school spirit and pride
-Ability to host larger tournaments in the Summer& Fall
-Increased concession stand revenue
Our goal is to raise $20,000 (200 HYBAA Families x $100 Goal) for Phase 1 &2 by March, 1 2018.
Along with our Board of Directors, we ask that you help us take the next step of lighting the path by sharing with your own network (i.e., co-workers, family, friends, etc.) the GoFundMe campaign “Lights on for Hopewell Baseball.” It is our goal to have 200 of our baseball families raise $100 each, resulting in $20,000. Please let your network of friends and family know that any donation small or large is important and here is how they can contribute:
1) Donate online: “Lights on for Hopewell Baseball” GoFundMe Campaign
· Please remind them to include your son or daughters name in the donation.
2) Write a check to Hopewell Youth Baseball Association and mail it to
PO BOX 1214, Aliquippa, PA 15001
· Remind them to include your son or daughters name in the donation.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1) Raise Awareness - this is a HUGE undertaking, we need for people to know what we are trying to do. Use social media and personal networks you already have to get the word out that the GoFundMe project has started. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, email, print and post at work, church, clubs, restaurants, bars, nail and hair salons, gas stations, etc. This is the single most important factor in raising money for this project. Our chances of success increase with each person that is informed about our fundraising efforts.
2) Build Momentum - Our goal is to bring the tradition of a true community event to Hopewell. If the project is viewed as simply lights over a baseball field, we are going to have trouble making this dream a reality. We need your help to build the support!
3) Start CROWDFUNDING - There's a saying that goes something like this..."Nothing happens until someone sells something". This couldn't be truer with this project. In this case, selling is not an exchange of goods for money, rather, it’s as simple as sharing your enthusiasm for our goal and asking the people around you to support the campaign.
We need EVERYONE to be that SOMEONE that sells this project. Even a small effort is never too small, and if you see an opportunity but need help, please let us know!
Board of Directors