Jacob Christy MN Bernie Delegate(N)

$3,500 of $3,500 goal

Raised by 103 people in 30 months
I was elected to the Democratic National Convention as a pledged Bernie Sanders delegate by Minnesota's 6th congressional district. In order to help further the political revolution, I need to finance the trip out to Philadelphia. It is an expensive trip which includes a manditory 4 night stay at a hotel for $350 a night. So, I ask fellow Bernie supporters to give what they can. Any amount will help and is greatly appreciated.
11916581_1465354809.4513_funddescriptionI'm 22 and studying physics at the University of Minnesota (Twin Cities). Although politically aware and fervent in my opinions, I was disenchanted with politics for some time. Bernie Sanders helped me feel hope for the future of America again, and I am returning that favor by getting involved in the political process.

At the National Convention I will:
-       Work to persuade Minnesotan super delegates such as Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar to support Bernie and cast their votes for him at the convention. Bernie won 61.6% of the caucus vote here but, as of today, only 3 out of our 16 supper delegates have backed him, just 18.75%. I think they should listen to the voices of Minnesota voters.
-       Attempt to swing other super delegates in general to Bernie’s side before the vote. I will make the case that Bernie is the strongest general election candidate. In all recent general election polling, he beats Trump by much larger margins than Hillary. Independents, who were largely denied a voice in closed primary states, now make up the largest voter block in America and Bernie wins their vote by large margins.
-       Use my voting power and persuasion to shift the party platform leftward. If Bernie becomes president and inspires support for down ticket candidates, he will be able to get much more done than any incrementalist.

On September 17, 2011 determined protesters marched on Zuccotti park in Manhattan to air their grievances about a rigged economy in which almost all new wealth generated went to a few of the super wealthy and 1% of the population owned as much as the other 99%. The message resonated with disenfranchised citizens as the revolutionary fire stoked there raced across the country. I participated in one of those fires at occupy MN at Government Plaza in Minneapolis because I felt that such wealth inequality was unacceptable. Today, the wealth gap is even larger and more Americans are living in poverty. I view Bernie’s revolution as an echo of the occupy movement and believe, as Bernie does, that many of the problems Americans face stem largely from a rigged economy. We need to keep this fire berning because this is the most important election in recent history. I hope that you will support me in my efforts to create a future we can believe in.

In solidarity,
Jacob Christy
+ Read More
Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.

$3,500 of $3,500 goal

Raised by 103 people in 30 months
Created June 3, 2016
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
$219
Anonymous
24 months ago
CH
$27
clay hickman
29 months ago

Let em have it Jacob! Minnesota is with you!

$10
Anonymous
29 months ago
$13
Sue Skog
29 months ago

From the Skog/Doll/Sackett fundraiser on Saturday. Good luck in Philly!

DW
$21
Diane Webb
29 months ago

Plz keep trying! There are people out here just like me! And we need you!

MM
$10
Mary Mooney
29 months ago

Have fun and give 'em ______ :} Go Bernie!!

PR
$100
Patti Rysdam
29 months ago

Good luck Jacob. Do Minnesota proud.

Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.