Solidarity with Refugees in Libya
"We tried to raise our voice and spread our stories. We taught these to institutions, politicians, journalists but apart from very few interested ones, our stories remained unheard. We were deliberately silenced.
But not anymore."
-Manifesto, Refugees in Libya
We are Refugees*, and we live in Libya - one of the most dangerous countries for Refugees in the whole world. Among other, allows the Libyan Constitution forced labour and permits its authorities and the militia to
- ruthless and merciless actions against Refugees
- conducting mass raids
- arbitrary arrests
- detention in inhuman concentration camps
- rape and sexual violence
- forced conscription
and other unimaginable human rights violations towards Refugees attempting to step in or escape the Libyan borders.
We tried to raise our voices and spread our stories to claim our rights to and seek protection in countries of safety. We peacefully protested and resisted for more than 100 days, before the authorities and its militias violently dismantled our demonstration and incarcerated more than 900 of us on 10th January 2022.
This weakened our call for change, leaving us without paid work, and constantly asking for helping hands to survive.
Support our movement, since we are unable to carry on this struggle without the means of survival. Every cent makes a difference - if you don’t have the financial means, you can support Refugees in Libya by sharing this campaign and be our voice. Thank you!
The funds raised by this campaign are used solely to support:
- for those who are most affected by the violence and have the least access to aid
- victims of torture, rape and any kind of violence
- people who need medical assistance (without asylum certificates)
- with food and rent (for people of the resistance, but also their family members who fight for the release of their loved ones)
- legal assistance for detainees
Who are the people behind the fundraiser?
We are Refugees and fled from civil wars, persecutions, climate changes and poverty back in our countries of origin. We were all pushed by circumstances beyond human endurance.
And we live in Libya.
What can you do to support the movement?
- Share this call for donations!
- Follow and share @RefugeesinLibya on Twitter/IG and amplify their voices and demands!
- Learn what is happening to refugees in Libya and talk about it with your friends!
- Become part of our alliance!
- ...make noise!
*The term 'Refugees' includes Refugees, Asylum Seekers, Migrants, Protection Seekers and People on the move. @RefugeesinLibya uses 'refugees' in reference to the same people, regardless of their "official" status.
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
Refugees In Libya
Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan