Help young people around the world to have a say in their own future!
For the past 2,5 years, the We Are Tomorrow Global Partnership and its 11 partnering youth organizations from around the world have put their voluntary time into pushing for a climate-just future. We co-create climate agendas representing the wishes of thousands of young people, we strengthen cross-border youth networks, and we realize actual effective cooperation between policymakers and young people. Why? Because young people should be at the heart of the decision-making that is about their future. Not only because it is fair, but also because it is the most effective - who better to design policies than the people that will actually live them?
However, because we are a voluntary organization, we need your help. To keep our activities running, we are in need of funding - to get our partners to events such as the upcoming UNFCCC COPs and the ones to follow, to keep working on getting in contact with policymakers, and to include more young people in climate policy-making.
Companies or NGOs that would like to work together (through events, knowledge or promotion) in exchange for a donation can get in contact with us through the contact button below.
Scroll down for more concrete information on who we are, our past activities and future plans.
How can you help?
Anything that you can miss can already be of great help to us. To give an idea of what we can do with the money you donate:
- For €600 we can pay for travel costs of one partner or person towards the most important climate conferences
- For €150 we can pay for accommodation costs for one partner or person during a climate conference
- For €200 we can pay for the development of one national climate agenda
- For €100 we can pay for the promotion of our climate action plans or events
- For €50 we can pay for the internet costs of 1 person for a year so they can connect to other young activists across the world
What is the We Are Tomorrow Global Partnership?
We Are Tomorrow Global Partnership (WAT-GP) aims to unite young voices that advocate for a climate-just future, strengthen cross-border youth networks and create constructive national and international climate action plans. Climate change is a global issue that impacts all social groups, and involves both present and future generations. Because of this, we seek to create a united and coordinated climate youth movement. The Global Partnership currently consists of eleven partners from the following countries: Bangladesh, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Mexico, Nepal, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Qatar, South Africa, and Uganda.
What have we already achieved over the past years?
Our partner organisation CEUS in Chile organised citizen dialogues to provide input to Chile's new Ecological Constitution and our partner in Egypt organised a Local Conference of Youth. Our partner in Uganda set up a Youth Dialogue on the country’s NDCs and our partner in South Africa co-wrote the Johannesburg Climate Action Plan. WAT-GP has facilitated and amplified our partners’ successes by giving our partners a platform through events and international conferences. Successful events hosted by WAT-GP include our ‘pre-COP event’ in 2021 and side-events as part of the WCEF+Climate conference and the UN Stockholm+50 Conference. In 2021, the WAT-GP team and all of our partners attended COP26. Our partners spoke at a combined total of almost 30 side-events and we had the opportunity to engage with decision-makers, including during a dinner with the Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte. The attendance of and participation in these events, has created opportunities for our partners to improve their connections to national policy makers, and has led to multiple meetings and agreements between youth and governments. The cross-cultural approach has also led to the creation of the Global Youth Climate Agenda, a collaborative international advocacy document which lays out our common understanding of climate justice and stresses our demands for decision makers.
What are our plans for the future?
- Supporting our partners to organise Climate Dialogues and development of National Youth Climate Agendas
- Organising and attending events and meetings in which we can present our Global Vision and provide our partners with 'a seat at the table'
- Expanding our attendance of international summits on climate and environment beyond the annual UNFCCC COP, including but not limited to: annual meeting of the Subsidiary Bodies to the UNFCCC, meetings of UNEP, meetings on other climate-related issues that are deemed relevant by our partners
- Increasing our social media presence
Would you like to offer input as to what we could use our funding? Feel free to get in contact with us through the contact button below.