It's that time of year again when the weather gets a little colder, fires get a little warmer, and the time comes to help those in need. For the past 9 years I AM ADAPTIVE has provided Holiday feasts to Homeless U.S. Veterans staying at the VetsVille Ceasefire House in Boynton Beach, Florida. We are calling on you to help us make this the 10th year we make this beautiful gesture of community and love come alive!
(Veterans at Vetsville enjoying their feast)
"I didn't expect any of this...I didn't expect you to show up because many people don't. Last year someone said they would help us for Thanksgiving, and we are still waiting for them; I had to go and get some sandwiches for the guys. This is beyond anything I could have ever imagined for these men."- George, The VetsVille Ceasefire House for Homeless Veterans House Manager, on Thanksgiving 2014, the 1st year we made them a Thanksgiving meal.
Its been an I AM ADAPTIVE tradition ever since.
(George Vetsville House Manager & IAA President Marilyn)
In the Last 9 years, we were able to raise enough funds to provide, cook & leave these veterans with a Full Holiday Spread and needed items requested from the household; we will need the following similar items this year:
(Veterans at Vetsville enjoying their warm meal while watching Thanksgiving Day Football)
- Bread Rolls
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green beans
- Candied yams
- Any needed holiday condiments
- Cranberry sauce
- Table-setting heaters to keep things warm
- Place settings and silverware
- Canned goods as needed
- Whatever else they need
(IAA President Marilyn Cruz & IAA Board Member Ralph Avallone)
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Donate. We will be raising funds from today through Thanksgiving Day. Give what you can for these outstanding individuals and help make a difference in their lives this Holiday season.
- If you are local to the South Florida Area: We will be looking for people to donate items on our list of needs as mentioned above. Please contact us at [email redacted]. com or text our I AM ADAPTIVE President Marilyn @ three zero five three two one two seven eight nine to help and coordinate.
- All donations go directly the providing Vetsville Ceasefire House Veterans a Thanksgiving Meal. Any leftover funds will be utilized to buy the men's house items and special needs that they can not currently provide for themselves.
- We arrive midday on Thanksgiving Day to prepare the feast for them.
- Pictures and videos will be provided here and on Instagram at @iamadaptive for all our supporters.
Thank you & God Bless you for helping us feed the Veterans of Vetsville again on this Thanksgiving <3
I AM ADAPTIVE INC.
Founder & President
(Thanksgiving at Vetsville 2022)