Link to petition signed by 1,500+ residents: View Petition
More Info about the planned development: View Info
After many conversations with members of the community, we have decided that the best route to prevent a gas station from being built at 86th and Lafayette Road is to get an attorney involved. We have started this fund to help cover the cost.
The Greater Historic Traders Point has agreed to match all contribututions to the fund!
All funds contributed will be deposited to the Greater Historic Traders Point, a nonprofit organization that protects over 2,600 acres of green space around Eagle Creek for the enjoyment of generations to come.
All contributions are tax deductible.
- Fishback Creek runs through the property & feeds directly into nearby Eagle Creek Reservoir, the drinking water source in Central Indiana for over 500,000 homes and businesses.
- There are over 30 gas stations within approx 5 miles of the location.
- There is a major natural gas pipeline that runs through the property line.
- Fishback Creek Public Academy Elementary School is located directly across the street. Tobacco & Alcohol should not be this close to students.
- Many of the neighbors have wells and are concerned about the gas station runoff and the safety of their well water.
- The majority of this property slopes downhill toward Fishback Creek, and a third of the property is officially in a flood zone.
- Gas stations bring toxic waste and vapors which even in low concentrations can have significant long-term impacts on the health of their neighbors.
Because of these concerns & more, the residents of the Traders Point neighborhoods oppose the addition of this gas station.
For more information, visit: 86thandLafayette.com
DonationsSee top donations
- Crystal Caccamo
- Kellye Gordon
- Pat Trowers-Johnson
- diana madden
- Marco Caccamo
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more