Pro Bono Physical Therapy Service Learning Trip
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
April 28th, 2018
WHO WILL BE GOING?
A group of 11 Physical Therapy students in the USC DPT program
WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
Costa Rica! We will be working in developing communities in Costa Rica to provide physical therapy services to those in need.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We have 11 DPT students on the team, and the estimated average cost is $1795 per person, which covers the local transportation, housing, and food while we are staying in Costa Rica.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS?
The local community members in Costa Rica will receive FREE physical therapy evaluation and treatment over the course of 1 week. They will also receive home environment evaluations, lifestyle consultations, and have other health-related questions answered!
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
Because health is a fundamental right to every human being, and geographical limitations should NOT prevent anyone from receiving the BEST CARE POSSIBLE. While they do not have adequate access to physical therapy, WE GO TO THEM.
We are committed to:
- Providing the highest-quality care to improve the mobility of the community members
- Assisting them to participate in life with less physical restrictions
- Educating the local residents on various health-related topics
- Learning about their cultural and health beliefs
- Appreciating the differences between the healthcare systems in the USA and Costa Rica, and how such differences may affect one's life
AND YOU CAN HELP TOO!
Be part of this journey and help us reach our fundraising goal! For each dollar you donate, someone in Costa Rica will have less pain, better mobility, and more possibilities in their future.
For more information, please go to:
THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN!!