* Rosamund Elwes, founder of Tunnels of Hope arts exhibitions in TFL subways. Offthewallarts is a not for profit foundation dedicated
to community impact and involvement.
Offthewallarts, has set up this Go Fund Me page to match fund the £10,000 we hope to raise towards the transformation of the
drab, neglected TFL Holland Park Roundabout pedestrianised subway near Westfield, bringing to life TFL'S promise to the public
of 'Every Journey Matters'.
However, the total amount we urgently need to RAISE through corporate and individual sponsorship support
This will help us to transform the TFL Holland Park Roundabout pedestrian subway near Westfield into a fabulous
uplifting art space with local professional artists creating site specific artworks to the TOH theme alongside the
work of young local aspiring hopeful 9/10 year olds children expressing through their artwork what they would hope to change if they were in charge.
The subway art exhibition launch event and party will open with a big fanfare in early summer 2022 (date to be
confirmed) with the Tunnelsofhope Subway specifically developed to commemorate the Queens Platinum
Jubilee celebrations alongside all the community street party excitement and celebrations taking place in
TUNNELS OF HOPE OBJECTIVES
• To use art as a means to brighten up the drab TFL Holland Park Roundabout, W12, underpass that goes betweenHolland Park and Shepherds Bush which is much used by the general public and tourists.
• To make the community and tourists proud of the space as they walk through and enjoy.
• To improve the mental wellbeing of the general public and especially the 9/10 year olds involved in creating the artwork, some of whom may well go on to be artists/graphic designers etc.
• To help to position Hammersmith and Fulham Council, TFL and local business sponsors as forward thinking, creative organisations.
•Lockdown 9/10 year olds from the nearby St Stephens Primary School, Uxbridge Road, W12, were tasked with
expressing what they would do more of/change in their community to make them more hopeful and happier.
• The children use plastic bottles as their creative palette – a material that often goes to landfill and contributes
80% of rubbish that ends up in our oceans destroying our worlds precious eco system.
• The innovative project is called the ‘Tunnels of Hope’ and the children were encouraged to think about what they hoped for within the broader community and what they would change should they be in charge.
• Three local professional artists – Jo Holland, Jonas Stout and one other(tbd) guided and inspired the children’s
• The three local professional visual artists including Jo Holland and Jonas Stout,will display their photographed
interpretations of the Tunnel of Hope theme at each end of the tunnel walkways.
• The children’s photographed art works will follow to form their first ever exhibition inside the underpass.
We have an urgent Match Funding requirement and MORE is required to ensure this project comes to full fruition. £25,000.
The Artworks which the local school children will need to be worked on to get them ready for photography, printing and
presentation on durable/hardy materials for the subway art exhibition together with the three external artists
newly commissioned artworks prepared for photography, printing, production and installation. Considerable
publicity and promotions materials will be needed to create noise to encourage the community to come and
contribute funds as well as enjoy traversing the subway and be uplifted by the artistic messages of HOPE.
We need hope like never before.
The date for the big reveal and LAUNCH of the arts exhibition in the subway is MARCH 1st with the unveiling
of the photographed artworks displayed at the underpass for the press and public to enjoy.
The West London based Brazilian inspired Fontanas band will play uplifting party sounds and then the Hope filled fanfare
procession will begin through Shepherds Bush Green and along Uxbridge Road to the St Stephens Primary School.
where the fundraising ticketedlaunch party will take place. There will be sets from Fontanas and DJ sets.
All donations - however large or small, are welcome to support this important Offthewallarts TOH art
exhibition as the benefit it will have on the community is priceless! Support local community impact - the ethos of the Founder Rosamund Elwes of Offthewallarts
EXTERNAL ARTIST LINKS & OTHER LINKS.
Contact Rosamund Elwes at otwarts for media and sponsorship packs.
Tunnels of Hope Instagram Tunnels of Hope Facebook