The Angels Foundation UK is a registered Charity: 1205725 supporting families who have fled domestic abuse throughout Huntingdonshire.
We provide families with furniture, flooring, home comforts and social introductions to the community, through our 'Back to Life' support project.
Did You Know...
- 98% of social housing allocated to survivors of domestic abuse have no flooring, no white goods, no furniture
- 95% of domestic abuse survivors have experienced financial abuse, with no funds to provide basic household items
- 50% of domestic abuse survivors don’t have enough money for essentials for their children
The Angels Foundation UK’s purpose is to bring comfort and hope to families fleeing domestic abuse.
Integral to the support we give families affected by domestic abuse, is that they understand their community hasn’t forgotten about them, that they aren’t alone, and that people care about them.
Domestic Abuse is psychological as well as physical and can go on for years, hidden behind closed doors.
The support we provide:
- Signposting individuals in need of support to qualified professionals specialising in domestic abuse.
- Our 'Back to Life Support Project' helps families who have fled domestic abuse in their hour of need by sourcing items for their home, such as white goods, flooring and furniture.
- Social activities for emotional well-being and peer support, such as the monthly Angel Walk and Talks, coffee mornings and weekly support groups.
- Provide 'listening ear' mental health support, counselling and group therapy.
See Video here:
We provide immediate assistance at this crucial point in the family’s escape from abuse. You would think that the challenges facing families would end once they leave their abuser, but unfortunately, they don’t.
Our 'Back to Life Support Project' ensures families who have fled abuse do not live in furniture poverty. We provide these basic items:
- Washing Machine
- Chest of Drawers
Not having the basic things they need to look after their family is a significant contributor to women returning to an abusive perpetrator.
Your donations will transform their lives.
Together we are stronger.
You can find out more by visiting our website: https://angelsfoundation.org.uk or our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theangelsfoundationuk