Gambling was normalised and glamourised to me as a child through football, causing an overwhelming and destructive 12 year gambling disorder.
I'm now over two years into recovery. Tragically, many don't recover from this cruel addiction.
- There are an estimated 250-650 gambling related suicides every year Source
- There are an estimated 5 million people affected by gambling related harm in the UK according to YouGov Source
- There are 55,000 children addicted to gambling in the UK Source
I'm proud to represent Gambling with Lives , a charity set up by bereaved families of young people who took their own life as a direct result of their gambling addiction.
Together, we founded The Big Step and we are tackling football's relationship with gambling by walking and talking to football clubs with gambling relationships to show the harm caused to us.
But football isn’t listening...
- 15 Premier League clubs (75%) have a gambling sponsor or partner.
- 21 Sky Bet Championship football clubs (87.5%) have a gambling sponsor or partner.
So we need your help...
Please sign our petition and ask the UK Government to end all gambling sponsorship, advertising and promotion in football.
To prevent gambling harm and save lives, we have to stop exposing children to gambling through our beautiful game.
In September 2020, we will take on our biggest Big Step yet when we walk 130 miles to football clubs in the Midlands that have a gambling sponsor or partner. All event details can be found here.
We really appreciate any donations to Gambling with Lives for our 130 mile walk. The funds will help us prevent gambling related harm.
- Paul Prosser
- Paddy Strange
- Janet Milton
- Daniel Yardley
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more