Me and my Wife together with HMBD Foundation are on a journey to set up the first "Charity Shop" for the poorest of people in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This is not a new concept but would be the first of it's kind in Bangladesh. This is mainly for the Slum dwellers but also for emergency situations where people are affected by the flood, cyclone, refugee crisis etc.
We need the funding to set up the Charity Shop and we strongly believe and it will be self sustaining after the first SIX months of operations. The operational activities will be run by HMBD Foundation in Bangladesh - we have done many projects with them successfully in the past and it will be in good hands with these group of volunteering doctors for sure.
Your assistance is extremely important for the people relying on your HELP.
The details are below and we would really appreciate if YOU can contribute to this initiative. And please share to other fellow philanthropists who share similar interests to help others.
Details: "The Charity Shop"
Objective: Establishment of a self sustainable source of fund for charitable activities:
How will it work:
We shall collect lightly used or unused goods from the donors, public, our friends and families. Then the goods will be sold in minimal price from the shop. The funds will be used in the following charity purposes:
1. Slum dwellers in Dhaka and its vicinity
2. Primary Health Care services and outreach medical camp in Dhaka and different parts of Bangladesh.
3. Palliative care services to the poor and slum dwellers near Dhaka.
4. Schools running for the orphan kids in Different parts of Bangladesh.
5. Maternal and Child Health care center.
6. Temporary Medical camps (Free consultation and medicines) on different parts of Bangladesh.
7. Major emergencies and crisis of Bangladesh. Example: Flood, Cyclone, Winter affected people & Refugee Crisis.
8. Winter clothes distribution during winter season to the poor people.
9. Vocational Training to poor people.
10. Women empowerment amongst the Poor.
We need the Funds to cover the initial setup cost including operational cost for first SIX months.
Please see my previous Fund Raising efforts with your generous contributions:
HMBD FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/healthmanagementbd/
- Sufina Akhtar
- Jess Doherty
- C Marko