Support ILPRC in Protecting Incarcerated People
The Illinois Prisoner Rights Coalition (ILPRC) was founded in December 2020 after the need for widespread support for incarcerated people across Illinois took center stage. Our mission, advocating for the rights & fair treatment of incarcerated people across the state of Illinois is something we hold as our core value and call to action. This has meant that, in addition to leading advocacy campaigns, we have curated a free hotline, statewide relationships, and resources to respond in the face of abuse, negligence, misconduct, and violence against incarcerated people across the state of Illinois.
Since our founding in 2020 are proud to report we have:
- Organized monthly actions as part of a year-long arc of escalation to support the campaign for Justice for two men who died in Iroquois County Jail in 2020. We also led actions in the wake of a third death at the institution is 2022
- Brought together hundreds of concerned people from across the country to participate in days of community education & engagement.
- Created and manned an emergency response hotline that is open 365 days of the year and completely free, for incarcerated people throughout the state of Illinois to report and receive intervention in moments of abuse and denial of civil rights
- Provided emergency response services to dozens of incarcerated people being neglected & mistreated in jails across the state.
We thank each & every individual who has attended and engaged with this important work, the struggle for justice, accountability & transparency is ongoing. The impact this work has on incarcerated people, their families and our communities is at its core why we do what we do - no matter how difficult and dangerous it may be. In order to sustain this work we are calling on our community for donations. The majority of our funding has been internally sourced among our members who are students and young professionals. We are so grateful for our core team of organizers and supporters but to rise to the demand needed to make change across the state, we need your support! We encourage you to donate (this will not be tax deductible) today. Any donations made will go directly to the costs associated with our advocacy and organizing efforts.
Funds raised will help cover:
- Call Fees from Jails: Incarcerated folks need to pay for every minute of phone time. To keep our hotline open and ensure incarcerated people have an avenue to raise grievances and access emergency intervention we need your support!
- Operational Costs: To effectively support our incarcerated community members and their families we have several monthly costs, from a Google Voice number to take calls, to our website maintenance, to the costs required to access FOIAs. Your support will help keep the lights on so as we keep fighting.
- Supporting Directly Impacted Community Members: In many cases directly impacted community members and their families receive violent backlash from law enforcement while seeking justice. Your support will help us ensure that they have the resources and security equipment necessary to keep them safe.
Our work is only as strong as our community, and we thank you for the continued support that makes change possible. If you would like to make a formal donation through check or rally additional resources please contact us via email at email@example.com