I am helping my friend Scott raise funds to help the children and youth living in the slums of Nsambya, Kampala/ Uganda. Scott teaches free outreach yoga classes, music, art and dance.
He is a gifted teacher who works hard to improve well-being and nurture talents to promote self-reliance and sustainability among the children in his community.
Scott dedicates his life to helping his community and believes that everyone deserves a chance to experience well-being regardless of their social/economic background.
“With every challenge that we have faced over the past couple of years, the pandemic, loss of loved ones, financial loss, physical and emotional distress, we've always found solace in one practice, YOGA, in this space we find a sense of belonging, community and being for each other.”- Scott Mukisa
Sponsor a Student:
Mukisa is looking for people who are willing to sponsor a student with a gift of $50-$100/month. Please let us know if you can contribute.
The Back to School Support Campaign.
Many students from Scott's program lack scholastic materials and money for school fees.
Funds will help supply books, pens, pencils, crayons, backpacks, binders, geometry sets, school fees etc., to help make their learning experience accessible. “I believe that education should be accessible to everyone regardless of their social/economic background.”
A love gift of $10 will buy a dozen books for one child and help make formal learning accessible and brighten their future.
Help to support this cause and plant a seed of kindness in a child's future today.
HOW YOUR DONATIONS WILL HELP.
• BUY scholastic materials for children who would rather miss going to school due to lack of these materials
• Help to pay for school fees
• Buy yoga mats to help create a convenient environment for the outreach yoga classes.
• Buy a monthly food package to help feed at-risk families on the verge of starvation
• Facilitate effective program management by providing financial support to meet the needs of the children at most risk.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPORT.
* Share this fundraiser with your friends, family, and social network.
* Watch a short video of Scott and the generous hand initiative teaching yoga in the slums of Kampala, and how they impact communities sharing kindness and love.
* Connect Scott with people in the global yoga community who can support his mission and sponsor his work.
*Follow Scott on his social media platforms to be up to date with current projects and find out ways to support his mission.
Instagram. mukisa jackson scott
Facebook. The generous hand initiative .
KINDNESS AND LOVE TRIUMPHS.
Words from Scott...."There are people who are going through life constantly figuring out how to survive, how do I eat? How do I feed my family? In times like these, we can share more love, compassion and offer a helping hand to those living in dire conditions.
Those who have the great opportunity to live relatively safe, abundant lives let us take up the position of responsibility to be a bridge and create the possibility for the less fortunate to become the best versions of themselves by sharing love, kindness, and compassion.
Each Act of kindness is a token of hope to the despaired.”-Scott mukisa