Our clients are those who are most vulnerable to novel coronavirus. We look to help those who are 60+ years of age or persons with immunocompromising conditions or drugs.
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Autoimmune and chronic diseases
- Those undergoing chemotherapy
and taking immunosuppressant medications.
We pair these at-risk persons in our communities with Squidlings or community volunteers who will pick up requested groceries and supplies and drop them off at their front door. Our clients can provide lists or go real-time shopping with our Squildings over video chat platforms and handpick what is left on the shelves.
Despite already limiting people from public contact, we are dedicated to making our shopping experience safer for our clients and Squidlings. We are a not-for-profit service, but we also want to be able to reimburse sunk costs for our volunteers.
- Gloves, masks, and sanitary wipes will be provided with available funds to our volunteers.
- Refund sunken funds experienced by our Squidlings including gasoline and loss in transactions.
- Reimburse low-income and financially unstable households upon request with additional contributions.
- Marketing and volunteer outreach strategies to grow our teams and help more communities.
As a group of college students starting a non-profit, we are extremely grateful for your support. It is a difficult time for all of us, but we still need to be accountable for others who need help most. Whether your contribution is small or large, every dollar allows us to get into new communities and supply our Squidlings with what they need to stay healthy.
Volunteers are equally as needed as donations. If you do not have the funds to give or you would rather donate your time, then join the SQD Squad!
Additional information can be found on our website including service requests and volunteer forms.
Thank you for reading and for any contributions!
The Malibu SQD Squad
DonationsSee top donations
- Sonja Grujic
- Alpha Phi
- Robin Doty
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more