SHE WALKS CANADA
We Walk the Walk and Talk The Talk
What is it?
SHE WALKS CANADA: a movement to engage and empower sober and sober curious women globally, changing their relationship with alcohol through a strong and positive support network and encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
The PURPOSE of SHE WALKS CANADA is to:
1) Engage and support women in changing their relationship with alcohol,
2) Celebrate those women who are thriving in sober living,
3) Raise awareness for the variety of support options available,
4) Provide online support gatherings for women actively sober and sober curious,
5) Build a strong support community within SHE WALKS CANADA for its participants and supporters, and
6) Raise money for SHE WALKS CANADA. The entire team of coaches, community engagement team members and the leadership team are all volunteers. We rely on the support of our community to help us provide this unique and desperately needed support.
How Can I Participate?
1) The year-round support is easily accessible through our website. Click this link to access the meetings schedule and facilitated by our certified life or recovery coaches.
2) To participate in 2023 Walk Around The Globe, sign up here. If you have already signed up or joined us last year you are good to go. As of March 6, you walk from where ever you are and log your kilometres on the website. There will be participants, supporters and donors worldwide walking, as we raise awareness and walk together, in support of those pursuing an alcohol-free living.
When is it?
The SHE WALKS CANADA Walk Around The Globe is from March 6 to June 17, 2023.
The SHE WALKS CANADA support is available year-round.
Why is it important?
Not knowing the support options available is keeping many women silent, alone, and in alcohol dependency. The SHE WALKS CANADA community provides unique, woman-focused support free from judgement, shame and guilt. These rooms are filled with everyday Canadian women from various walks of life with one thing in common. Tremendous bonds are forged in these rooms that have allowed our movement to help over 800 women since our inception in 2022.
Why Obtaining Support Is Important
There are very few support options for women focused solely on alcohol overuse. Our unique brand of small group coaching when combined with walking often has proven to be a very helpful component to many women's transition away from alcohol.
We need financial support to help us keep this going. If we could help 800 women in our very first year how many other women can we help with continued support?
The Time Is Now
Between the rise in alcohol sales during the pandemic, the rise in hospital visits for women due to overdrinking, and the recent CCSA alcohol safe guidance the need for programming we offer at SHE WALKS CANADA is at a record high. We must act now to help prevent the further increase of alcohol-related illnesses, hospital visits and decline in overall emotional, mental and spiritual health.
At SHE WALKS CANADA, we boldly walk and walk and talk the talk. Will you walk with us?