Come Sail With Us
We are a volunteer group founded in 1989 to offer persons with special needs the opportunity to enjoy sailing - not only as passengers, but as skippers - and to encourage people with and without special needs to share the experience.
Sail Connecticut allows challenged persons to move beyond disabilities so that they may focus on abilities.
We sail with an all-volunteer skipper and first mate crew, with clients from clients from local hospitals and recovery centers and well as individual survivors. We sail twice Wednesday-Saturday, June through Sept, using our entire fleet. www.sailctaccess.org
Our current 2017 Season needs.
- We have an critical need for 1 replacement motor for 1 new motor for our boats. We are down to 2 boats (from 3 last season). A motor costs 2,000. The first $2000 will be to buy this critical motor
- We have an urgent need to purchase a back-up motor, so that if a motor on any boat goes bad, we don't have to cancel trips. Again, we are allocating $2000 for a back-up motor
-Safety and Comfort for our clients.
- New Personal Flotation Devices (Life-vests), as our current supplies ages and wears.
- Replace worn padding with new safety cushions for our boats
- Navigational equipment radar/sonar for our boats