Rudy Caseres for San Pedro Honorary Mayor

I'm Rudy Caseres  and I'm running for San Pedro Honorary Mayor. This campaign is not about "winners" or "losers" but about raising as much money as possible for my chosen local charities. Those charities are Feed & Be Fed , Animals Rule Rescue , and San Pedro Meals on Wheels. Each one offers valuable services to the community, especially to those who are in most need.

Feed & Be Fed (located at The Garden Church in downtown San Pedro) operates an urban garden where volunteers teach people (including high school students) how to grow their own fruits and vegetables as well as offer lessons in sustainability. Their space also puts on music events for First Thursday as well as educational film screenings. I've hosted four of my storytelling events at this space and they would not have been successful (or even possible) without the support of Feed & Be Fed.

Animals Rule Rescue works to remove dogs in danger of being euthanized from shelter environments and foster them until permanent homes are found through our adoption program. They also assist low income families with pet food and vet assistance as well as finding "forever homes" for dogs with special needs. They host pet adoption events most weeks at Creative Pet Supply. 

San Pedro Meals on Wheels has been serving nutritious meals to those in need since 1972, operating out of the First Presbyterian Church of San Pedro. On a personal note, their chef Michael Caccavalla has offered his services for free at several of my storytelling events (which I am most grateful for) and I can honestly say that their food is top-notch.

As for the actual campaign, it will run between now and June 17th. There are several individuals running for San Pedro Honorary Mayor but even though only one will be awarded that title all candidates will be able to keep 80% of the money they raised for their respective charities. The other 20% goes to the San Pedro Chamber of Commerce which oversees and promotes the San Pedro Honorary Mayor race. The winner will be announced at an event by the Chamber on June 20th. Afterwards, the money raised (both online and at events organized throughout the next several months) will be dispersed to the charities. 40% will go to Feed & Be Fed, 30% will go to Animals Rule Rescue, and the other 30% will go to San Pedro Meals on Wheels.

This will be a long, tough, but ultimately rewarding campaign. But it cannot be successful without your monetary support. Whether you live in San Pedro or not, I hope you'll help these wonderful organizations continue offering these valuable resources to the town I've loved and called home my entire life.

Keep checking this page for updates on events and milestones!!!

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

My website is

Fundraising team (2)

Rudy Caseres
Los Angeles, CA
Joelle Marie
Team member

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.