Hello Dog Run Friends!
As you may know, the majority of dog runs in New York City are maintained and operated by dedicated volunteers. Trash removal, repairs, improvements, event-planning and even social media posts and website development is all done by dedicated dog run community volunteers. NY Parks provides trash bags and mulch, but emptying the trash and spreading the mulch is, you guessed it, done by volunteers!
We appreciate ALL of our Morningside Park Dog Run Parents who help in ways both big and small, including Friends of Morningside Park . Thank you!
But even with all of this help, we rely on your donations to help keep the dog run safe and welcoming for all who visit!
YOUR DONATIONS FUND SO MUCH!
As a community, we have made many improvements to the dog run since 2019. In addition to removing bulky trash items (remember the big water tanks?), digging out and repainting the benches, trimming back trees and branches and regularly removing trash and litter, here's just a sample of what your donations have help fund in the past year:
- supplies to repair the broken shed doors
- shed lock and south gate lock
- plexiglass and new locks for the bulletin board
- hosting for the Morningside Park Dog Run website to promote the run and share information with its members
- drinking-water-safe hoses and nozzles (these have needed to replaced at least once per season)
- a cooling "pool" for hot summer days
- signage to help maintain the run
- solar powered lights (and some were donated!) to better light the dog run after dusk
- trash bag twist ties, sanitizer and wipes
- treats and supplied for our "Yappy Hours", "Breakfast Barks", and holiday dog run events.
- small gardening tools for maintaining the run (clippers, trowels, etc.)
- spray paint to cover the up the "tagging" on the dog run shed
- trash grabber, poo scoop and rake
CAN YOU PITCH IN A FEW BUCKS TO HELP MAINTAIN THE RUN?
While we make every attempt to find free items and ask for item donations, all of the improvements and repairs really add up! So we are always grateful for your monetary donations!
Allison, Michelle, Victoria, Ed and Jill
(Your Core Dog Run Volunteers)
- Oliver Taylor
- Sierra Alea
- Kristofer Goldsmith
- Lindsay Semevolos
- Leah Fein