I started this page last year when I first returned to nepal post earthquake in honour of my brother Daniel. So that you understand what it is all about here is what I wrote when I first returned:
'In the next few days it will be my little brother Daniel's Anniversary of passing and Birthday. This page is in honour of him and my Birthday gift to him this year will be helping the people of Nepal. It is time to draw inspiration from him with his cheeky big grin and wild colourful spirit and turn tears into smiles :) '
Since that time I have worked with several wonderful people and organisations. With the money you have donated so far we have achieved:
- Offering long term care and financial support to three children Apekshya, Alina and Suraj who were found orphaned in the Jungle. Their mother died and the earthquake and following this their father abandoned them. We have recently built them a new home as the initial place they were given was unsafe and offered little protection. Enough was also raised to build a home for their neighbours. They are now safe and have a full time carer and attend school.
- Built many shelters / new homes for people that lost their homes in the earthquake.
- Purchased and transported blankets and sleeping mats to a remote village that is surrounded by snow in the winter. The villagers were sleeping on the floor of their huts with 4 people to one blanket.
- Brought medicines and sanitary items for health camps
- Contributed to relocating an entire village that was in a landslide zone.
There are so many people living in poverty, hardship and intense struggle in Nepal. It's no longer in the news, but the hardship is far from over. The hardest hit areas were the rural provinces.
Families are sleeping under plastic sheeting and pieces of tin, children have been orphaned, child slavery and sex trafficking are massive and many adults and children suffer from trauma. Your generosity will go a long way in providing safetly and comfort to these beautiful people who already had so little and need help.
I have a very tiny but very trustworthy team on the ground in Nepal and I can assure that your donations go exactly where they are intended to go. Everything is accounted for and I receive regualr updates. My images are a way for me to create awareness and when I am in Nepal I capture and share so you can see the reality of life for these incredibly humble and beautiful people.
Thank you so much for your help!
'Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.'