Rachel and Jake's Tragic Loss

My daughter Rachel and her husband Jake’s three dogs were poisoned with antifreeze just a few days ago. Upon realization, they were rushed to A-Vets in the hope to save their lives. Unfortunately, all three of their babies lost the fight as the poison shut down their kidneys and organs. In less than 26 hours, Stark, Pepper (both Yorkies), and Hugo (mini-Schnauzer) all had to be put to sleep. Not only did they lose all 3 of their fur-babies in attempts to save their lives, they’re now left with a bill from A-Vets for over $7,000.

Someone filled a Powerade bottle with antifreeze, cutting multiple slices in the sides of closed bottle with the evil intent to poison their dogs that they loved so very much. This took place between Wednesday evening and early Thursday morning (11-10, 11-11) in downtown Irwin. A police report has been filed with the Irwin police department with the local humane officer also engaged. If anyone has any information, we ask that you please contact the Irwin police or PM me.

We’ve started this GoFundMe with the hope of lessening their financial burden after enduring this horrific loss. These were not just ‘dogs’ to them, but their babies.

Even if you’re unable to donate we ask that you please share this so other families are aware there is a heartless person in the area.


Jill Gimeno
Irwin, PA

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.