Caring for your mental health is imperative to a happy, healthy life. Being able to process trauma, worries, fears and emotions in a safe, non judgmental environment, has the power to heal and transform lives. Access to quality counseling services is often a barrier for those who need it most.
According to the US HHS Office of Minority Health :
- Black/African Americans are 20% more likely to report serious psychological distress than adult whites.
- Black/African Americans are more likely to have feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and worthlessness than are adult whites.
- And while Black/African Americans are less likely than white people to die from suicide as teenagers, Black/African American teenagers are more likely to attempt suicide than are white teenagers (8.3% v. 6.2%).
The current fight for racial equality and civil rights, amplifies how necessary it is for Black and Brown people to care for their mental health and participate in therapy.
Who We Are:
Kaleidoscope Family Therapy is a group private practice located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to help people become happier and healthier! We specialize in social skills development, play, child, teen, adult, couples and family therapy.
As a Black owned group practice, making therapy more accessible has always been a part of our practice values.
We offer a limited amount of reduced and pro bono services for those who are not able to afford out of pocket costs or do not have health insurance.
How Will the Funds Be Used:
We will use the funding to cover the cost of each family that request services. Here's the process:
1. If seeking services click here to apply
If offering counseling services click this form and this sheet
2. We will review the form and connect the family with a therapist in Georgia.
3. When a connection has been identified, the families information will be sent to the therapist as well as a confirmation email will be sent to the family to confirm connection. From there the therapist and family will schedule their 4-6 sessions.
4. Payment will be made via Paypal to the therapists providing services once the family has confirmed the sessions have been scheduled.
Thank you so much for your time and donations. You are truly impacting so many families in a positive way. Please share and use #GaFamilyTherapyFund in your posts.
DonationsSee top donations
- Suzanna Harati
- Jasmine Bailey
Fundraising team: Kaleidoscope Family Therapy (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more