“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me...'"
- Matthew 25:40-45, NIV
Revolutions & uprisings are supposed to be about lifting up the suppressed; those who've suffered under the boot of tyranny, exclusion, & injustice. Examples are common throughout history, such as the Haiti Slave Revolts, French Revolution, and the Stono Rebellion.
That said, both the Rs and the Us can have dark sides to them, as well. Not always, but definitely sometimes. One of these potential dark sides is that those at the rock's rock-bottom - the outcast amongst outcasts - get missed; ignored; even actively abused.
In my case, and in the case with the current "uprising" as of late May 2020, this is very much, unfortunately, true.
Hey there, y'all. I generally go by Mesyn, or Corey. I'm 27 years old, going on 28, and I'd like to share my story in a nutshell - first with some bullet-pointed "highlights", and second with a podcast where I go much more "in-depth".
• For starters - and this is basically THE overall "theme" of my "life" so far - I have always been cast out; kept distant. I've never known truly emotionally-close family bonds, and a friend group - a "squad", if you will? That's right out!
Keep in mind - I just mentioned I'm 27 years old. So, imagine a quarter of a century without such basics as a father, brother, cousin, and/or homie to bike & picnic with; a date or friends to go to prom with; real, appreciative birthday celebrations - & much, much more.
• I'm differently-abled. Autism, combined with major depressive & PTSD from later-in-life events (you'll soon read & hear why this is the case); chronic fatigue has manifest from the aforementioned for over a decade by this point.
• I am challenged looks-wise given I had Bell's palsy as a young child; I've never recovered looks-wise from such. And we all know how even minor "abnormalities" like my asymmetric face tend to lead to bullying. I've certainly gotten a lot of it over the years.
• I've had my own run-ins with the cops - several times from 2009 thru 2015, in fact. I wrote a flash-in-the-pan article about one such incident on DailyKos in 2015.
• Several times - both in grade school, college, & post-college - I have been sexually assaulted. Rather than anyone listening or caring, I got ignored, ridiculed, &, in the case of the college incident, even framed by the campus police department, since there was a substantial link between my attackers & the powers-that-be there.
• In April of 2019, on a routine meet to sell one of my wares, I was callously attacked, & got hit by a car in the aftermath - a car going 40 miles per hour, mind. For those of y'all not in the know about urbanism & such, here's a well-known-in-the-field chart:
Yes, Virginia, that is an *80%* fatality rate for pedestrians being hit by cars traveling at 40 mph. I had a 4 in 5 chance of dying right then and there. But by the grace of God & a breakthrough of Harmony in territory occupied by evil, I survived, & am still here. Never paid off the medical bills, though, despite the "discount" I got for being low-income (JPS is the Tarrant County public healthcare system).
This attack made headline news the following evening on KTVT/CBS 11 News at 6pm, but not much came of it, unfortunately. To this day I'm still stuck with glasses held together with Gorilla tape & prayers.
To this day, my left arm is still somewhat less serviceable than my right - and it'll likely always be that way.
I love broadcasting, and did the first episode of my "new" podcast on what's basically my full life story. Here's a link to the listen...
Given recent events, and my story, like I got at earlier - a reasonable person'd be inclined to think that this "uprising" would be a time where I, finally, should be finding real friendship, brotherhood, uplift, inclusion, warmth... but unfortunately, that has largely still not been the case.
There's definitely new friendships, bonds of brotherhood being shared... but I'm left out of that. There are the less fortunate and the downtrodden getting uplifted... but so far, I've noticed no change in elevation.
Heck, I see a lot of understanding - and even straight-up *praise for* - so much of the looting that's been going on. People going on and on about them being "frustrated, desperate struggling people" just "grabbing what they can to make ends meet & maybe having something nice" (despite the evidence heavily leaning towards the solid majority of the looters being already-well-off sociopathic gangs just looking for "come ups", often at the expense of struggling small businesses).
Honestly, if people can put in that kind of effort, stretch that far, to come to that kind of conclusion... then me seeking some simple community & brotherhood, & the uplift & opportunity for mutual aid to prosper that comes with such, should be simple as apple pie!
And keep in mind, of course, that being cast out, differently-abled, & looking like I do means that basically all the doors are shut for me. The only way I'm forcing one open is with enough help... from my friends! :)
I'm setting my goal at $3,500. It's a modest amount, considering, but really - seeing even that amount get raised would give me a renewed, refreshed view of the world - that, through all the ugliness I've been through; that I'm still immersed in... there are actual, BS-free, caring people out there who truly care to lift up the downtrodden - including those at the rock bottom - and I do mean the rock bottom - of society.
So, what would this money mean to me? Well, have some more bullet points!
• Getting outstanding medical bills zeroed out.
• Electric kit for my bicycle, making it much easier to ride around without exhaustion
• Expanding my wardrobe past a bunch of garbage & clothes & shoes that no longer fit
• Investing in my little "business" of sorts - putting my skills to work analyzing the weather, gardening, trading, & modest I.T. work... as well as the more "adult-oriented" side of business I engage in
and, finally, last but not least...
• investing in my Ministry, The Grove, to better get my story out there and build an Oasis for people who choose to stand above the evil that permeates basically every level of today's world; today's human society.
What I've been through has woken me up to many Truths, and gotten me closer to God & Nature. But God & Nature had, have, and will continue to have intent for us - a huge part of which is that we are not meant to be alone. So I'm reaching out to y'all - not just for this financial assistance - but for y'all's friendship - real friendship, not just a fluke or something with an expiration date. Because the simple truth of the matter is, I'm not just in need of uplift - I've got so much love & support to GIVE, as well. And ain't that what real community, real humanity & love, supposed to be about? :)