COVID 19 Resources
For up to date and accurate information about COVID safety, visit the Health Canada and PHAC or WHO websites.
On Works Inc. is a not-for-profit whose goals are to complement Government efforts through business leadership that help get people back to work in a safe and timely manner. Our organization plans to provide solution-based approaches to getting Ontarians safely back to work. At the same time, we will support local businesses to get back up and running.
To achieve this, On Works Inc. requires a base membership fee or donations that can contribute sizable benefits and fund motivational programming resulting in appropriate changes. Together, we can help Ontarians return to work, open their businesses, and overcome uncertainty.
These are the goals of our organization and the direction we plan to take to mobilize businesses and get people safely back to work.
1. Assist with the defeat of COVID-19: On Works, and its supporters will assist municipal and provincial governments to defeat COVID through business leadership and example. Mobilizing members’ businesses, employees, and customers. We will assist the government when they request help, pledge to not overlap with the government, and support our province as business leaders to move forward toward normalcy. By volunteering to assist the government defeat this COVID-19 Pandemic we can get our lives back to normal and restore our businesses. Whether it be assembling a Vaccination Centre in your business or using your employees to staff a centre we all need to start to contribute to this fight.
2. Open businesses and avoid an economic crisis: We will have nothing left to open if we do not open soon. Ontario must phase the economy back in action smartly and safely. We continue to see industries and businesses demolished in our society and the time is now to address it. We cannot turn a blind eye to the consequences! Subsidies, loans, etc are insufficient and not sustainable. The province must look to the future of our businesses. Deficits have consequences that we must address and be wary of. It’s possible to balance it in a smart and safe way for the health of businesses across Canada.
3. Improved Communications and Focus: While overall the numbers of cases impact the number of hospitalizations and Ontarians in ICUs, all cases are not the same. We know that COVID-19 has a much more significant negative impact on the elderly and those with underlying health issues. We must go back to the original goal assuring that COVID does not overwhelm the health system. Hospitalizations and ICU numbers reduction is what we need to focus on.
4. Voice for Business: A voice to Government to articulate a balanced approach to fighting COVID that would not have such great economic devastation: an organization focusing on stimulating job creation and encouraging the government to assist businesses and workers while working towards an end of COVID-19.
On Works Inc. is a grassroots organization founded by Ontarians Paul and Shara while experiencing the COVID-19 lockdown themselves and its consequent impact on their livelihoods.
While planning the launch of a gaming center, Toronto's first lockdown was summoned. Around that time, businesses were already starting to slow down which was in March 2020. The current and the most stringent of the two lockdowns have impacted them greatly. In a similar predicament to many businesses, multiple gaming centers were shut down. Families are now without income.
Businesses that have been passed down for generations or built over decades have closed overnight. Many people are uncertain of the future and don’t know what to expect.
Paul and Shara used their situation as inspiration for not only helping themselves but the Canadian government and all Ontarians. That is when the idea of On Works Inc. sprouted.
At a company level, we are a newly formed not-for-profit organization that wants to provide pragmatic and balanced solutions to this pandemic while supporting the plans and actions of the Ontario government. We are a group of positive business owners who feel the time is now to consolidate efforts and lift ourselves out of these days to day challenges to get all businesses back to work in a smart and safe manner.
In response to the Ontario government's current measures to stop the spread of COVID-19, On Works Inc. proposes to work with the Ontario government and businesses to prevent COVID-19 spread while working with companies. Our organization would provide these businesses with potential funding solutions, operating guidelines, and other measures.
How we will use funding
The funds we receive will empower On Works to train and work with members to make them an officially certified business. Our non-profit will create partnerships with the government, the Ministry of Health, or other organizations that can officially certify members on our behalf. In particular, we will be hiring IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control) managers and experts to train On Works members.
Members that pass inspection and training will receive the official On Works certificate they can use online or within their physical storefront. Members will need to be trained and inspected for using the tracing app, enforcing masks, etc. to keep them and our communities safe.
Funding will also go towards marketing initiatives that help us spread the message about On Works, give the community a voice, and establish strategic partnerships. Some of the marketing campaigns funding will help accomplish are:
1. Conferences and webinars: On Works will hold physical and online conferences to discuss COVID-19s impact on Ontario, how we should re-open, and give a platform for the people and businesses that have been affected. These will also serve as a brainstorming roundtable by the public to submit to the government.
2. Directory: We will create an on-site directory of our members that helps them drive traffic and business. It also a way for us to say thank you for your ongoing support.
3. Discounts: We will use the funding to form more partnerships with not only health organizations and the government but businesses so members receive discounts and perks.
4. User-generated content: On Works will use the funding to create content marketing campaigns in which members can submit their stories, posts, and content through the official On Works social profiles and blog for exposure.
Thirdly, funding will allow us to develop an official On Works mobile app. This app will help customers scan a unique QR code attached to an On Works window sticker on storefronts so they know who is maintaining high health standards. It will also include other useful features that keep our communities safe and heading towards normalcy.
How you can help
As a supporter of On Works Inc., one can hold pride knowing that they are not part of the problem; they are part of the solution. Members will play a large role in the solution—a solution development that was created by them and for them. This will be something of great pride that will motivate members to work harder at helping Ontario restore itself. Being part of the solution will not only curb the spread of COVID-19 but help the economy grow again. On Works Inc. has great potential to become a large movement that helps open the Province in every facet.
As our organization grows, we will create associations for each industry to appoint leaders and find solutions that help each individual business type. Achieving a critical mass we help our community lobby and make a difference. You can enroll directly on our website www.onworks.ca or learn more about each package.
Supporters of On Works Inc., businesses will have the added benefit of mass exposure for their brand by way of the market campaigns of On Works Inc. The movements, independent of any other resources, will value over $1.2 million dollars. This is what we hope On Works Inc. can provide; a group of like-minded people coming together in support of a good cause.
If you wish to become a member or supporter of On Work Inc. and help Ontario businesses return back to normal, don’t hesitate to contact our organization via phone or email or donate to this GoFundMe. Acting now will earn you the benefit of being an early adopter that will not be available later. Being one of the first few organizations or individuals to join our team will afford you the advantage of being an early receiver of feedback for On Work Inc.
You will have a direct influence on the direction of our not-for-profit, the types of solutions provided, and more. If you want your business or family’s up and running and want to make a difference, do not wait. Contact us today to learn more about becoming an On Work’s Inc. member or donating. There doesn’t have to be winners and losers anymore, we can all win and open up Ontario together.
The time is now. Join today!
Visit On Works to learn how to become a member or donate here on GoFundMe.
Email or call us immediately if you wish to become a founding business and reap unique benefits that won’t be available later.
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
Organizer and beneficiary
On Works Inc.
Richmond Hill, ON
Covid-19 Reopening Plan