Offer a Mandala to Buy a Retreat House
Help Secure a Permanent Location for a Dharma Center in New Mexico
We have almost completed our First Tier of fundraising! $120,000 will be offered to the owner by July 6th to purchase the existing cabin and land in Jemez Springs. This would not have been possible without your support. Now we are entering the Second Tier of fundraising for $30,000 for closing & associated costs. All money raised will be used for this purpose only.
‘Give the Ones You Love Wings to Fly, Roots to Come Back, and Reasons to Stay’
H.H. 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso
Tsechen Namdrol Ling is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the study and practice of Buddhism. We were founded in 2014 under the spiritual guidance of H.H. Sakya Trichen Rinpoche, the 41st head of the Sakya order of Tibetan Buddhism. We offer training in the disciplines from the educational and artistic resources within the Sakya Lineage’s ancient traditions.
Our Goal is to purchase a retreat cabin that will become the permanent home of Tsechen Namdrol Ling in New Mexico. The retreat cabin and surrounding land will provide a dedicated space for:
*Receiving Buddhist teachings from visiting masters and teachers
*Practicing Dharma in beautiful, quiet surroundings
*Practitioners to undertake meditation retreats
*Exploring and enjoying the natural, peaceful environment
Since January 2020, Tsechen Namdrol Ling has been based at the retreat cabin on 1.8 acres in beautiful, rural Jemez Springs, New Mexico. From its inception in September 2013, TNL was located in a temporary rental property in Santa Fe. We continually searched for a suitable permanent space and have found it.
The current owner of the cabin and land has offered to sell the property to Tsechen Namdrol Ling at a very generous price - but there is a ticking clock - we must raise $150,000 before July 6th.
The village of Jemez Springs, nestled within the vast Santa Fe National Forest of New Mexico, is a nurturing retreat for long-time locals, the Tibetan community, and guests from near and far. In a world that continues to divide, we are building a small oasis of interconnectedness. Our minds are put at ease by reflection, meditation, and a serene environment, surrounded by a community of mutual interdependence, shared responsibility for all beings, and care for one another.
This fundraiser is for anyone who wants to uplift the general consciousness of our world. This appeal is for those who respect our land in this ancient Puebloan region and our cultural diversity and would like to plant a seed of higher intention and watch it grow. This center is for someone who might benefit from a quiet weekend retreat away from their stressors, who might want to visit the nearby hot springs, take a trail ride into the hills, or immerse themselves in forest bathing. This aspiration is for dharma practitioners and lay persons who desire to learn the deep and wide facets of dharma.
Simply click the donation button or if you want to participate in our virtual mandala offering, read below.
How Building the Mandala Buys the Retreat House and Land:
To donate and to help Tsechen Namdrol Ling establish a permanent location for its dharma center, we invite you to build, with your individual gifts, a virtual 37-Heap Offering Mandala. The 37-Heap Mandala represents the Universe and all contained therein. It is a map to discover our inner essence, bring pure vision and perspective, and to purify and heal our world. When you donate, your name will be placed in the Offering Mandala and become a tangible part of the Action, Cause, and Result of this effort to secure a permanent retreat center.
Each of the individual 37 Heaps of the Offering Mandala will be associated with a donor. The illustration below shows the recently completed mandala.
3-D Mandala Being Offered to H.H. Sakya Gongma Trichen Rinpoche by H.H. Ratna Vajra Rinpoche
“The world of the Mandala is like the world we inhabit, but it is not the same. The world we live in is the product of common karma of all beings; the world of Mandala is a new world, and a real world, the embodiment of the real merit, wealth and body, past, present and future, of those who make the offerings.” ... Ven. Dezhung Rinpoche
Descriptions of the 37 Heaps of the Offering Mandala
1. Mt Meru - Center. Jeweled and dazzling. The shape of an inverted pyramid.
2. The Eastern World - White Diamond and Semicircular like a half moon.
3. Southern World - Our world. Blue Lapis and trapezoidal shape.
4. Western World - Ruby Red and circular.
5. Northern World - Yellow Gold and Square.
Eight Subcontinents: Each Continent has two smaller, similarly shaped and colored satellite worlds on either side
6. Deha East - White Diamond.
7. Videha East - White Diamond.
8. Camara South - Blue Lapis
9. Aparacamara South - Blue Lapis
10. Satha West - Red Ruby
11. Uttaramantrina West - Red Ruby
12. Kurava North - Yellow Gold
13. Kaurava North - Yellow Gold
14. Precious Mountain (East) - Huge mountain made of seven precious gems - gold, silver, lapis, coral, diamonds, pearls and emeralds.
15. Wish Fulfilling Tree (South) - Towering and beautiful. Your needs pour down like rain. When its leaves rustle, they make the sound of Dharma.
16. The Wish Fulfilling Cows (West) - Made of jewels with diamond horns, they are very healthy and beautiful. Whatever one desires springs forth.
17. The Uncultivated Harvest (North) - Crops grow naturally and unceasingly and are delicious and satisfying. There is no hunger.
18. The Precious Wheel (East) - is bright like the sun. A vehicle propelled by skillful means. It travels spontaneously to any part of the universe.
19. The Precious Jewel (South) - 8-sided and made from lapis lazuli. It emits 5-colored light rays, which bring all success and whatever is needed.
20. The Precious Queen (West) - She has a calm, subdued mind endowed with love and compassion. She guides all beings from suffering.
21. The Precious Minister (North) - All his actions are for the benefit of others. Wise and skillful.
22. The Precious Elephant (South-East) - He is the supreme vehicle to enlightenment. Peaceful, never violent, wise, and able to conquer all negative forces.
23. The Precious Horse (South-West) - Offering the Precious Horse creates the causes to achieve clairvoyance.
24. The Precious General (North-West) - Never harms others but can never be defeated in battle. Would-be harmers are subdued.
25. The Great Treasure Vase (North-East) - Gold, decorated with jewels, contains various treasures and grants all wishes.
These 8 Goddesses are the emanation of your transcendental wisdom: They transform desire into the path to enlightenment
26. The Goddess of Beauty (East) - She stands in a dancing posture with hands on her hips, holding a vajra in each hand. She exhibits her beauty through dancing and movement.
27. The Goddess of Garlands (South) - She holds a rosary of precious vajras with both hands at her breasts. She grants initiation to whoever comes before her.
28. The Goddess of Song (West) - She plays the lute and sings, offering transcendent sounds to all beings.
29. The Goddess of Dance (North) - She is multicolored and holds a vajra in each hand, dancing in perfect harmony.
30. The Goddess of Flowers (South-East) - She holds an exquisite vase containing flowers, scattering the flowers in the air.
31. The Goddess of Incense (South-West) - Holds an incense burner whose scent calms and satisfies whoever it is offered to.
32. The Goddess of Light (North-West) - She illuminates with a bright light held over her head.
33. The Goddess of Perfume (North-East) - She is rainbow-colored and sprinkles rare perfume in all directions.
The Sun and the Moon work together simultaneously
34. The Sun (South) - Signifies all wisdom and dispels the darkness of ignorance.
35. The Moon (North) - Symbolizes the method to dispel the gross obscurations and self-cherishing of sentient beings. Now we can cherish others.
36. The Precious Parasol (East) - Protects all beings from suffering.
37. Banner of Victory (West) - Creates the cause to have perfect listening, reflection and meditation.
May this work benefit all beings without exception!
Visit Our Website: Tsechennamdrolling.org
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito” ~ H.H. the Dalai Lama
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
Jemez Springs, NM
Tsechen Namdrol Ling
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.