as we approach one year of the COVID-19 crisis
Thanks to a generous donation of $791, the Oak Park Mutual Aid COVID Emergency Response campaign reached $50,000 on January 5th, 2021!
With those funds and other donations, Oak Park Mutual Aid has helped hundreds of our neighbors in need --
families and individuals in and around Oak Park, River Forest, and Forest Park, Illinois.
Through February 12th, these contributions have helped provide:
- $56,253 in limited financial assistance, food, personal protection equipment, cleaning supplies, medication, and clothing
- 514 deliveries of healthy food and other items
- 474 online requests for assistance and referrals reviewed and fulfilled
- Winter coats for more than 100 children
But we're not done yet!
Even as vaccination schedules continue to roll out, COVID-19 continues to affect all of us.
As neighbors helping neighbors, we exist to help those in greatest need.
- Some of our neighbors without jobs or greatly reduced income are unable to purchase groceries or pay for basic living expenses.
- Others are immuno-compromised or continue to quarantine because of sick family members and need help picking up groceries or prescriptions.
- Still others struggle to find balance between caring for their children, their
We depend on YOU and your support -- giving money or volunteering your time and talent -- to help reinforce and strengthen our community.
Oak Park Mutual Aid is dedicated to mitigating the ongoing impact of COVID-19 through dynamic economic and social support.
We strive to provide the following services:
- Current information on vaccine availability and links to scheduling web sites
- Referral to Federal, State, and other local sources of ongoing assistance
- Food Assistance
- Limited Financial Assistance
- Referrals for Mental Health Support
- Medication Pick Up
- Grocery Pick Up
- Clothing Drives
- Wellness Phone Check-ins
- Tutoring/Homework Help
Help us raise another $25,000 by April 30, 2021 to continue providing these services!
Our volunteer network of neighbors helping neighbors has been up and running since early May, 2020.
- 97 cents of every dollar donated to Oak Park Mutual Aid directly benefits neighbors in need.
- We receive dozens of new aid requests daily, as well as requests for more/repeat help from aid recipients.
- Food, housing/shelter, utility payments, and clothing needs will continue to increase.
- Until coronavirus vaccine supplies are widely distributed and made easily available to all Americans, our collective health and economy could be hampered for years.
Unless we continue receiving your financial support, we risk losing the ability to provide ongoing aid to our neighbors who are falling through the gaps in an inadequate safety net.
Please help us meet our next goal of raising another $25,000 by April 30th!
DONATE NOW (button at right/above) to the Oak Park Mutual Aid COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
Venmo @OakParkMutualAid | Cash App, PayPal, Zelle [email redacted]
Checks (payable to Oak Park Mutual Aid; mail to 318 Forest Ave., Oak Park, IL 60302)
* OPMA has filed for 501(c)3 nonprofit status, and will provide an update when confirmed.
To learn more about or volunteer with Oak Park Mutual Aid,
please visit our website, our Facebook page, or call us at [phone redacted].
As a fully volunteer-organized and run initiative, we strive to respond to all calls and email within 48 hours.
However, we appreciate your understanding if our response takes more than that time due to the number of aid requests to which we are working to respond.
DonationsSee top donations
- Ansel Robateau
- James Monaco
- Brian Cory
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more