2 Musicians - 2 Bicycles - 8 Countries - 18 Days - 1800 Kilometres.. All to raise money for 4 mental health & suicide prevention charities!
Following on from the success of their "Most Roads Lead To Rome" charity ride back in April/May 2019, Tobias & Andy decided to start "Most Roads Lead To", a fundraising outfit that raises money & awareness for Mental Health & Suicide Prevention by way of various short and epic bicycle rides each year, both ourselves and for other riders too.
Whilst this is all due to start in 2020, we couldn't resist doing one more ride in 2019, for three reasons:
1. To help top up what we raised earlier this year
2. To scope out the routing for two of next year's rides - Holland & Norway
3. To train up our newest addition to the team, Sonny
So, yes - we'll be cycling from Canterbury in the UK, setting off on Saturday 21st September, to arrive in Oslo, Norway 18 days later. Sadly, Tobias cannot join in on this ride this year so for this epic challenge, we have Andy returning to the saddle once again, accompanied by Sonny.
The route takes us through the UK to Dover, across the channel to Calais on the ferry, and on through France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden & Norway.
All monies raised go straight to the charities listed, not a penny goes towards the ride itself - this is all out of our own pockets. As you can imagine, musicians are not the fitted creatures, so this represents a fresh challenge for us too - Most days average around 100km worth of riding! We'll also be vlogging and talking openly about how we are finding the ride, our states of mind during and so on, as always!
[Pictured above - Climbing the Apennine Mountains, Italy - Most Roads Lead To Rome, 2019]
The Charities are:
1. The Lions Barber Collective - an international collection of top barbers which have come together to help raise awareness for the prevention of suicide
2. Clarity (Barnstaple) - a Mental Health charity in Barnstaple providing 1-to-1 counselling and group counselling & support to people experiencing Mental Health & Emotional issues
3. Talking Open Minds - whose objective is to offer any establishment with children in attendance, training in aspects of Mental Health & well-being.
4. Cruse Bereavement Care - founded in 1959 in Richmond upon Thames, and is the leading national charity for bereaved people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Their vision is that all bereaved people have somewhere to turn when someone dies, and to offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies and to enhance society’s care of bereaved people