Now our team is the group in need. We are seeking support from our family, friends, and community members to help ensure the future of our organization and it's many satellite programs in the city of Detroit. Due to unforeseen circumstances, starting this November, MKG Detroit’s current home base will no longer be available, nor suitable for our many non-profit efforts throughout the community. Though we've been able to secure a new gym, the costs are substantial, and our volunteer efforts are sadly the first to take a hit. Here's how you can help keep MKGD, and it's core mission for the greater Detroit community, moving forward!
All funds raised will go directly to:
- Considerable costs associated with moving into our new studio
- Launching the very first official MKG Youth Program in the state of Michigan, with scholarship opportunities for children in need
- Preserving community-based non-profit programs for inner city youth & families
- Creating new free training opportunities and community events
- Building renovations for our new space, including new flooring, to ensure our new gym remains a safe and comfortable place to train
- Safety and training equipment necessary to support above programs
We thank you so very much for your support. MKG Detroit is home to such a diverse group of warm and welcoming metro Detroiters that our humble gym has become a community center and a home. Your generosity in ensuring the successful move and perpetuation of our community-based programming will also ensure that our MKG family remains intact, and will directly help your neighbors find their way toward functional and healthy living.