OUR MISSION –
At Masks2All, we’re raising money to distribute reusable, washable masks to unhoused individuals in the Bay Area to ensure all members of our community are supported during the COVID-19 crisis.
THE NEED FOR MASKS –
As the COVID-19 crisis continues, our unhoused population is one of the most at-risk. There are over 14,000 people suffering from homelessness in Berkeley, Oakland, and San Francisco. On top of the preexisting struggles they face, these individuals now have to attempt to stay healthy without adequate protective equipment, sanitation resources, and personal space in which to isolate themselves.
The need for masks is best shown by COVID-19 impacted shelters in Berkeley and San Francisco. A simple, well-constructed mask can significantly prevent further spread of this disease especially among those who are in close quarters by hurdles of circumstance.
OUR GOAL –
Our goal is to protect every unhoused individual in Berkeley, Oakland, and San Francisco by handing out 2 masks to each person, along with a flyer with information on how to use the masks.
Our first goal, and the purpose of this GoFundMe, is to raise enough money to get our 2 mask + informational flyer package out to each of the ~2,000 unhoused people living in Berkeley.
Once we’ve hit our Berkeley goal, we plan to provide these resources to the ~4,000 unhoused people living in Oakland as our next milestone, and then continuing into the rest of the Bay Area.
OUR MODEL –
We plan to reach our goal as follows:
1. Raise funds through this GoFundMe and through funds sent directly to our fiscal sponsor, the Berkeley Student Food Collective
2. Purchase high-quality, affordable masks through our production partner, ForDays
3. Package & distribute the masks effectively and efficiently through our distribution partners – Bay Area nonprofits working to support our unhoused neighbors
OUR PARTNERS –
Production: We’re working with LA-based sustainable clothing manufacturer ForDays to source high-quality reusable masks. Thus, in addition to providing protection, our masks contribute to sustaining California jobs.
Distribution: We plan to donate masks to the following organizations, who have agreed to use their facilities and networks to distribute them to those who need them:
* Dorothy Day House (Berkeley)
* Women's Daytime Drop-in Center (Berkeley)
* Berkeley Food and Housing Project (Berkeley)
* Youth Spirit Artworks (Berkeley)
* Suitcase Clinic (Berkeley)
* Covenant House (Berkeley/Oakland)
* Building Opportunities for Self-Sufficiency (BOSS) (Berkeley/Oakland)
* CityTeam Oakland (Oakland)
* Homeless Action Center (Oakland)
* 24 Hour OPTCC Shelter (Oakland)
* East Oakland Community Project (Oakland)
* St. Vincent de Paul Emergency Shelter (Oakland)
* HomeBase (Oakland)
* Compass Family Services (SF)
* Hamilton Families (SF)
– How will my money be used? All donations will go directly towards the supply and distribution of masks. For every $10 you donate, you can provide 4 unhoused individuals with 2 masks and an informational sheet each. You can find the informational flyer we plan to hand out with our masks here .
– Why are you providing 2 masks per person? We hand out 2 masks to each individual so that they have a clean mask available to wear when the other is dirty. Reusable face masks are only effective if washed regularly, which is why handing out one single mask is not enough.
– I have another question, who should I contact? You can learn more at our website, masks2all.org, or you can reach out to us via email at [email redacted]
Please consider donating to support our cause, and sharing our campaign with your friends and family. Thank you.
- Ty Curry
- Gregory Heumann
- Joseph Scarmuzza
Fundraising team: Masks2All (8)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more