Your willingness to help communities in Philadelphia combat food insecurity has inspired us to do more. Since June 2020, our project has fed over 170,000 people in Philadelphia.
Did you know that when all of our fridges are stocked with fresh food, more than 85 people are fed every day? We still need your help now more than ever.
1. Inflation in June alone climbed to 9.1%. The cost of groceries is up 12.2% over the past year, an increase that can be especially painful for people with low incomes.
2. We are facing a historically unprecedented set of simultaneous challenges and we are doing our best to strengthen our commitment to support our neighbors.
3. As a result, our food partners have felt the "squeeze" and are not able to donate as much as they used to. We need the extra funds to supplement this shortage.
4. We have increased our donation ask as we have a specific goal in mind.
5. If all of our donors gave only $25 today, we would have enough to cover food costs until the end of December.
6. Please see our latest presentation here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yIsDX4MzeSppxMgD_VCRMlUSUP-aPRlX/view?usp=sharing
7. We appreciate your generosity in advance. Stay tuned for more updates.
Michelle Nelson, PhD
Creative Director I Co-Founder
Jamal Wells, RA
P.S. We depend on volunteers to help us. If you would like to share your time, please send us an email: at email@example.com, and one of our team members will be in touch