The Lumonics Light and Sound Gallery, a community hub, and its Lumonics School of Light Art are really struggling. The continuation of our 50+ year project is in serious jeopardy. Since the pandemic began, we have not presented an event since Feb. nor held a class at the Lumonics School of Light Art. Your support will help with basic costs such as rent and utilities to keep the doors open. WE REALLY NEED HELP! Every bit is greatly appreciated!
We look forward to a time when Lumonics will be experienced again by the community as a gallery, performing art event center, and school…a physical gathering place.
It is among the earliest and longest-running light art studios in the US. We archive and exhibit the light art of Mel Tanner (1925-1993) and Dorothy Tanner, now 97, who was the recipient of the Denver Mayor's Arts & Culture Innovation Award in 2018.
For five decades, Lumonics has been a setting that people of all ages have often told us provided peak experiences in their lives, and inspired them to try new things or look at life through another lens. This was the intention of the Tanners in creating Lumonics, and still is today.
Although we need your help in the interim, we do have a plan for sustainability that we are proactively engaged in, even while not open to the public:
- Collaborating with psychiatrist Jomar Suarez, M.D. and the 7 Healing Stars not-for-profit collective to incorporate the use of Lumonics in helping individuals with autism, PTSD, and other health and wellness challenges.
- Applying for grants to provide vocational training to young adults on the autism spectrum who have an interest in a career in the creative arts.
- Developing field trips, new art classes, events and workshops, and an art camp to stimulate creativity and promote well-being..
But we need your help now if we are to continue our efforts.
Any size donation is welcome. $10 donations are really helpful. Whatever you donate, you will be able to use as a credit at Lumonics activities. Sharing the fundraiser is also greatly appreciated:
For those making larger donations:
- For donations between $500 and $1,000, you will also receive a 30% discount off the stated price of any of our available artworks.
- For donations over $1,000, you will receive a 50% discount.
You are welcome to email us at [email redacted] for more information regarding this.
We want nothing more than to keep serving you! Thank you!
DonationsSee top donations
- Peggy Dillon-Jackson
- Quanah Johnson
- Museum of Outdoor Arts
- Caitlin Kennedy
- CLAIRE Bleger
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more