Show your kindness & appreciation by paying it forward
Here’s how to support local eating establishments during these uncertain times and the gradual “reopening” period that follows.
Purchase gift cards from restaurants in the Monterey Peninsula and enjoy them or distribute them to those who need their spirits lifted most. This way you help both the restaurants and the recipients of the gift cards, a win-win for everyone
This campagin will
· Provide gift cards weekly to the Food Bank for Monterey to distribute them to those most in need
· Start an Adopt-A-Restaurant campaign to help support customers’ favorite restaurants thru social media.
· Support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County (BGCMC): For every $1,000 raised by sponsors, $50 will be donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs to provide weekend grab-and-go meals for 6 children.
· We are looking for individual and business supporters to help sponsor this campaign and to provide matching funds. Annee plans to purchase gift cards and place one in each of her rental homes for visitors and she is hoping to encourage others to do similar acts of kindness.
· We plan to Organize 2 online music events named Care-A-Thon scheduled this summer/fall and produced by Kiki Wow showcasing local talents. The goal is to help musicians as well as to raise money for the Restaurant gift card campaign and provide an evening of wonderful music for our community.
Kindness Monterey is encouraging the community to purchase these gift cards by gifting them out to family, friends, neighbors, musicians, service providers, restaurant staff, small business owners, field workers, front line medical personnel and first responders. Celebrate a birthday, Holiday or Thinking of You and spread kindness during these challenging times. Not only are you helping restaurants stay alive and letting them know they are loved and supported by their community, but by paying it forward, you are lifting the spirits and hopes of our entire community.
- Debbi Schramm
- Jacqueline Pierce
- CHERYL DEGIER
- Edward Mellinger
- Deborah D. P. Reitz.
#1 fundraising platform
People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more