We are working toward restoring the Victorian porch and the facade of the Kilmanagh Store. The store was built in the 1873, and is in need of some love. When we started, the Building and Zoning Department had deemed the porch unsafe and ordered it repaired or removed.
The porch work is pretty much complete, and we are starting to work on the front windows. Two of he big windows are broken, and window frames are rotted. The next major expense will be residing the south side, and repairing/replacing the south windows. There is also roof,chimney and gutter work to do.
Our goal is to stabilize the structure, and weatherproof the building, saving it for future generations.
1904? The dark trim was a dark green
1890 We have two very similar old pictures. This one with a John Liken sign, and another with the Rummel/Woldt sign.
The building was built b J.C. Liken, a prominent Sebewaing businessman. Around 1890 his managers Rummel and Woldt took it over. Rummel moved to Sebewaing, and the Woldt Brothers took over. C.P Woldt was the last operator, joining his father about 1920, and closing in 1963. The store is currently owned by Tom and Brenda Voss. Donations are not tax deductible.
- Charlotte Stearns
- April Gremel
- william & melissa blunt
- Ron and Marilyn George
- Diane Holland
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more