KD Shamrock 2014

Many people don’t believe that child abuse is a serious problem or think that it doesn’t concern them.  They’re wrong.  Once every minute a child somewhere is abused. Nationally, there are approximately 1,400 child fatalities a year due to child abuse or neglect. 

On October 30th, Dartmouth's chapter of Kappa Delta is hosting its fourth annual Shamrock Event to raise money for the prevention of child abuse through the NH Children’s Trust Fund and Prevent Child Abuse America.  We are holding a wing-eating competition in Hanover, and we are very excited to be raising money for such a worthy cause!

You can help make a difference in the lives of children by supporting our Shamrock Event. Last year, we raised nearly $6,000 with your help! For information on how to make a donation, please see the enclosed instructions.

Our goal is to raise as much as we can for the prevention of child abuse.  The majority of the funds – 80 percent – will stay in our community to fund the incredible work being done by the NH Children’s Trust Fund.  The remaining 20 percent will go to Prevent Child Abuse America, the leading advocate for preventing child abuse and neglect among our nation’s children since 1972.  Since adopting child abuse prevention as a national philanthropy in 1983, Kappa Delta has raised over $10 million nationally for this important cause.  With your help, we can continue to make an impact on the lives of children in our community and nationwide.

Thank you for your help!

Donations

 See top
  • Philip Gray 
    • $100 
    • 79 mos
  • Loretta Hake 
    • $25 
    • 79 mos
  • Jacob Epstein 
    • $50 
    • 79 mos
  • Jennifer Longobardi 
    • $25 
    • 79 mos
  • Gail Twomey 
    • $50 
    • 79 mos
See all

Organizer

Kappa Delta Dartmouth 
Organizer
Hanover, NH
PREVENT CHILD ABUSE AMERICA 
Registered nonprofit
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.
Learn more
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more