Want to join us in making a difference? We're raising money to benefit The KBK Foundation http://kbkfoundation.org. Any donation will help make an impact. Thanks in advance, this cause means so much to us! #WeServU
More information about KBK Foundation: KBK Foundation's primary focus is to provide quality affordable housing, assist in economic development, social services, education and training initiatives for children, families & the elderly, entrepreneurship, re-entry program for offenders and section 3 training. #WeServU
March- September 2020
•12,000+ resident calls, emails & texts
•65,000+ meals served in our communities
•$350,000+ raised in rental assistance
The Heritage Apartments located in Northeast Columbus, Ohio has 384 units.
•1047 residents live in HUD subsidized units
•605 children on the property total (400 school age from 5-18 years)
Through the pandemic we have partnered with:
•The Salvation Army and American Somali Assn.
•Monthly food boxes to senior citizens.
•12,000 breakfast/lunch meals for youth.
• Weekly wellness calls to every resident!
• Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP): The Heritage initiated this program to “catch residents doing good works” & rewards given.
• High School Senior Graduation 2020: Even though we’re in a pandemic, our graduating seniors were recognized with pictures and gift cards.
• Rent and Utility relief programs have been made available to the residents.
• “Drive-by” food and supply donations.
4 KBK Living Communities in Pittsburgh,Pa.
•In response to the resident needs during COVID 19-our staff, working remote, developed a resident call center that they called “The Hub.” March 2020 through September 2020 there were 8,807 interactions made with the residents.
•Food Insecurity program developed & boxes of food delivered to each household weekly beginning in April 2020.
• Partnered with the public schools to ensure students had the information, learning packets, etc needed to learn from their homes.
• Organized drive by graduation celebration to honor the high school graduates who were deprived of in person ceremonies.
• 2 dedicated Community Supportive Staff assist residents to apply for rental assistance through the Cares Act. This effort helped the residents in the 4 properties receive $350,000 in rental assistance! #WeServU