The residents of Jefferson Park are launching a fund raising campaign to purchase and install signs indicating that a portion of Jefferson Park is a City designated Historic Preservation Overlay Zone (HPOZ)*. These signs will be installed on top of the street sign poles at street entries into our historic district. We have been awarded a total of about $2,500 by UNNC (United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council) and WAHA (West Adams Heritage Association). We would like to raise $3,000 to purchase additional signs. Each sign costs about $123 for manufacture, installation, and tax. With $5,500 we would be able to purchase a total of about 43 signs.
Why this is important
• The signs will help us publicize the Jefferson Park HPOZ and its rich cultural, social, and architectural history.
• They will promote community pride and they will highlight the historic importance of our neighborhood to visitors.
• Preserving the history and integrity of our neighborhood is critical for the preservation of community memory and identity.
• The signs will also help preserve our neighborhood by providing notice of the HPOZ.
About the Jefferson Park HPOZ
The Jefferson Park HPOZ includes about two thousand structures, an astonishing variety of bungalows, primarily in the Arts and Crafts style. We are a vibrant, diverse community with a rich cultural and social history that is deeply rooted in the houses that give it a sense of place. American Bungalow magazine noted that Jefferson Park "offers some of the oldest and best-constructed [Arts and Crafts] housing stock with a level of architectural detail and variation that is the hallmark of the finest bungalow neighborhoods in the country."
* In Los Angeles, City designated historic districts are called Historic Preservation Overlay Zones (HPOZ).
- Jennifer Gill
- Jeff Mclane
- Albert E. Aubin
- Marina & Steve
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more