IP17GNS is one of the largest and most successful Good Neighbour schemes operating in Suffolk. It was originally set up in March 2020 to support about 7,000 residents in Saxmundham and surrounding villages through the coronavirus pandemic but we have now expanded our role due to the success we have all made of it by working together as a true, caring community.
We now support everyone across our community to live more connected lives, while aiming to reduce food and fuel poverty, loneliness and social isolation. We do this by:
* Creating opportunities for the community to come together whether at big events or small gatherings
* Helping with practical need via our food bank, shopping and prescription delivery services
* Help with emotional need and reducing loneliness through our phone buddy initiative
* Supporting health and wellbeing through group activities and exercise sessions
* Creating opportunities for fun and enjoyment people of all ages, and
* Signposting and helping our users find additional support through other channels.
However, we are completely reliant on donations and grants. To continue our vital work across our community, please show your support by giving what you can. Every donation is gratefully received and will be spent within the IP17 postcode.
While IP17GNS was set up to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic, we now see this as a true, long term scheme which will continue to support everyone across our community for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your continued support.
Please note that IP17GNS is a collaborative, community venture whose partners include many partners especially:
· Saxmundham Town Council
· Kelsale-cum-Carlton, Benhall and Sternfield Parish Councils
· The Church of England benefice for Saxmundham and Kelsale-cum-Carlton
All the above partners have already committed funds as well as time and resources to IP17GNS.