The orphanage was started and is now run by one woman, Mrs. Sophorn, who cares for the children and gives all of her spare time to run this not-for-profit organization. You can learn more about KSEDO by visiting
Unfortunately, due to lack of funds, the orphanage is not in great shape. Many children sleep on the wooden floor of two single-room buildings that lack windows and doors and are completely exposed to the elements.
Outside of boys' dorm at KSEDO.
Inside and outside of girls' dorm at KSEDO.
Playing soccer in the main outdoor space with Tyson, fellow KSEDO volunteer.
There is no proper shower at the orphanage, so the children bathe outside using buckets filled with water. This leaves the children unable to properly bathe, as they have no privacy to remove their clothes. Shoes and clothing are constantly in short supply, as are many other basic supplies needed for the children to keep up their hygiene and health.While here in Siem Reap, I would like to raise money to help KSEDO care properly for the 35 beautiful girls and boys that live there. I have worked with Mrs. Suphorn to compile a list of the top things needed around KSEDO:
1. Beds for the children: bed frames, mattresses, sheets, pillows
2. Kitchen supplies: knives, cutting boards, dishwashing supplies, bowls, pots and pans, cupboards to safely store food
3. Fans: standing fans in the dorms for relief from the suffocating Siem Reap heat/humidity!
4. Laundry supplies: washbasins, washboards, laundry soap
5. Structural improvements: proper stairs leading to the girls and boys dorms, doors and window screens/shutters for the dorms, fixing broken pipes and plumbing, installing light fixtures
6. Storage: bureaus and shelves for clothes for the kids and to organize various supplies
7. General medical supplies
....and that's just the start of it!
By donating, you will be able to help these children who have been through so much to live a safe, healthy childhood.
Due to corruption in the Cambodian government, it is often hard for donations to reach the people who need them. By donating to this GoFundMe, we cut out the possibility of any complications with the middleman and your money will go straight to a deserving cause!
I will be spending Christmas here, and it would mean so much if you could help me give these kids the gift of a happy, healthy environment.
DonationsSee top donations
- Margot Reid
- Salsman Waller Family
- Michele Neary
- Susan Keating-Bekkers
- karen maher
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more