At Excelsior and Kaslander Lumber Company, we are committed to giving back to our local communities. As a family-owned business, we acknowledge the importance of sharing warmth and kindness not only to our family but to the families of those who live in and near Butler and Newark, NJ communities.
We have partnered with Saint John’s Soup Kitchen, Butler United Methodist, Butler Church of Nazarene, and St. Anthony of Padua Food Pantry to collect canned goods, non-perishable items, and toiletries for families this holiday season.
This year, we would like to get our community involved in holding a holiday drive. All food and monetary donations will be divided amongst these organizations. Each of these organizations supports a diverse client base, including families and individuals who are elderly, disabled, home-bound, unemployed, or underemployed.
Let’s get together and help our neighbors! To maximize the impact of your donations:
- Canned, jarred, and boxed non-perishable items are desirable due to their long shelf life
- High-protein items are preferred as they provide better nutritional value
- Toiletries for men and women may be accepted
- Please make sure that cans are not rusted, creased or bloated, as they may have to discard for food safety reasons
- Please, no opened food items
The donation drop-off location will be at our Butler or Newark locations and will begin Monday, November 21st. The deadline for all donations is Monday, December 19th.
We humbly ask you to donate what you can to our holiday drive fund so that we can help support families in need surrounding Butler and Newark, New Jersey. I appreciate your support!