Helping Tim and Tamara

A family in turmoil,that's how I'll start this and an extreme test of  faith.Tim my brother started having medical problems last August after months of medical tests was finally diagnosed with an thyroid condition,the treatment was radiation to kill his thyroid then be on medication.Before the radiation treatment he was told it was unlikely he'd be able to father  another child and just as unlikely was his chance even before treatment.Tim prayed and asked God for another child and was blessed with the news they were pregnant the day before his radiation treatment.A miracle is what both Tim and his wife Tamara said,they were blessed.Soon  they'd find not only was there one but two baby boy's  on the way in September.
       Sadly though there is a twist to their story,Tamara started getting sick,more than just simple morning sickness unable to keep anything down and having severe  abdominal pain as well she called my Mom to take her to the hospital. 
         Tests done at St.Marys hospital and in the weeks to come revealed a tumor on her pancreas causing the problems.Treatment was medication at that point which  was effective,relieved her pain and she was able to eat.
         Six weeks later the pain is more severe and she's taken by ambulance to the hospital, tests found that the tumor had enlarged considerably and she was hospitalized for five days.In a procedure to help alleviate her pain they drained fluid from the tumor then sent her home.Hopefully the fluid wouldn't  build  back up too fast giving the twins  a chance to develop  further along  before birth.
            On her Dr's visit the following Thursday to check the the twins  for Twin to Twin transfusion syndrome,a condition that happens with twins when there is one placenta for a food source,the news wasn't good.The condition has begun with the boy's and time is of the essence  if they are to survive.Her doctor wants her at John Hopkins  in Baltimore, Maryland  the next day where a doctor who specializes  in a laser surgery to separate  the placenta  can be done,its their only chance to survive.
          After having to wait for approval from the insurance company to have the procedure  done in Maryland it wasn't scheduled  till Monday morning at John Hopkins.They left that morning from Virginia hopeful though very worried for their son's.
             Once  there and checked in they find out the trip was to only hear the words no mother or father wants to hear,there are no heartbeats,they died.Devastated they drive back to Virginia and find that Tamara will have to be induced to labor her babies knowing there won't be a happy ending or bringing them home.
             Tamara's medical problems  with her pancreas aren't over either and before leaving the hospital they did another test that found she has a blood clot as well.
               The family has been struggling financially  for month's,Tim trying to fight through work to provide for his family and after radiation treatment going  back to work 4 days later  .

Donations

  • Sue McCollum  
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Michael and Sierra Wills 
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 2 mos
  • Karen Crews 
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Samantha Davis  
    • $30 
    • 2 mos
See all

Organizer

Daniel Taylor 
Organizer
Aylett, VA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more