Helping out the Levesques

On the night of Tuesday July 24, 2018 Chelsie and TJ were heading out for Chelsie's planned open heart surgery.  A whirlwind of emotions surrounded the night more so because Evelyn ( Their almost 8 month old daughter) was at the urgent care with a high fever and a slight ear infection. Staying in the loving hands of her Mima they were off. Chelsie's surgery on Wednesday July 25th was a long 6 hours. With everything going as planned and moving along smoothly everyone was grateful to have the worst behind them as she would begin her road to recovery and healing. That night Mima noticed Evelyn was still not herself worried she made an appointment for Evelyn to see her regular doctor and get a full check up.

Unexpectedly Mima was asked to rush Evelyn to Children's hospital at Noon Thursday because "Something was definitely wrong". After a few hours of tests in the Emergency room at Children's. TJ and Mima were given the choice to admit Evelyn to be watched or to bring her home. Without a doubt they wanted her admitted. 

6:30 p.m she was finally admitted and on her way to her very standard room to be monitored.  Right when she arrived at her room the nurse took a few standard test and noticed instantly that Evelyn's blood pressure had dropped dramatically and she wasn't responding to stimulus. A rapid response was then called because Evelyn was going through Septic shock. Immediately they rushed her down to the PICU, intubated her, and started her on antibiotics. Full panel of tests were ordered to find what was going on. They found that she had Bacterial Meningitis knowing which class of bacteria they started her on a wide range of antibiotics until labs told them exactly which kind it was. 
All the while Chelsie, day 1 post op, was only 1 floor down from where her daughter was being watched. Evelyn ended up needing tubes put in her ears, her sinus' cleared out, and a drain put in her head to relieve fluid built up inside. The infection had gotten into her blood stream and spinal fluid.  After hours and hours of waiting the Levesque's are starting to get some information a little at a time. They know now which bacteria it is and are waiting to find out if it's type A or B.

This kind loving family has been through more heartache and pain in the last 3 days than a lot of people have in years. Chelsie will be starting Physical therapy to help her be able to do everyday task most of us don't have to think about. She will be confined to the Upper level of her home with major restrictions for about 2 weeks. Then another 2 weeks on weight restrictions and no driving, followed by 2 more weeks of building her strength with Physical therapy before she can even start to think about returning to work.

Evelyn also has a very long road to recovery ahead of her. When she gets out of critical condition she is looking at a minimum of 3 weeks spent at Children's Hospital.

This family is the most kindhearted, honest, and strong family I know and am happy to be apart of. I wanted to start this fund to help the family with Medical expenses, lost time off work, and anything else they may need to help them through this difficult time.  They are so great full to everyone's thoughts and Prayers and on the behalf of the Leveque's I want to thank everyone for their love and Support.
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 38 mos
  • Kim Fischer 
    • $50 
    • 38 mos
  • CJ Gleave 
    • $100 
    • 38 mos
  • Deborah Huntington 
    • $75 
    • 38 mos
  • Loretta Munk 
    • $25 
    • 38 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Tyrone Levesque 
Glencoe, MN
Chelsie Levesque 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more