Every day, millions of children are deprived from an education and therefore, opportunities. Being the hope for the future, they deserve to be freed from this inequity.
This is how the project FEDA for Kenya was born. A group of students from the FEDA Madrid German Business School gave life to a social project to support the creation of a vocational school in Kenya. The idea for this project was made in May 2018, when the board of FEDA Madrid decided to donate 20.000 EUR to the Starkid School in Nairobi. A sum the FEDA initially received as a prize for winning a competition.
Among the main objectives of the project are:
- Our main project is to donate solar lamps to the children there to enable them to keep studying in the evenings and make them feel safer with some light around them as they do not have any in the school. The money we are collecting will mainly go towards the purchase of these solar lamps. The following link will take you to the homepage of the ‚Little Sun Company‘ where you can find some more information about the lamps if you’re interested - > https://littlesun.org/
- At the bottom of this text you will also find a picture of the ‘Little Sun’ solar lamp
- The active support of FEDA Madrid students to the Starkid School during an encounter trip in November 2021, through the provision of German lessons, a business project in English, manual help and an intercultural meeting
- The purchase of materials (e.g. furniture, solar lamps, clothes)
- The development of dual training of cooks and electriciand for the students of the Starkid School
- Financial donations to purchase needed basic material
The following link will redirect you to our homepage where you will be able to find more information about the project:
We will be playing a vital role in supporting the school and community with teaching, work and sports along with getting involved in the building/repair of infrastructure.
All our work, as well as your donations, will be going directly to the Starkid School.
We kindly appreciate any donations made!